Introducing NightOwl Carbon & NightHawk Carbon. Next Generation Headphones from AudioQuest
Mar 1, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #346 of 422
FYI, my video review of the new Perch headphone stand, over in that thread:

Quote:
  My first look & review (video) is here:

Mar 11, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #347 of 422
When is Perch coming [@=/u/410119/SkylarGray]@SkylarGray[/@]?

Seems like vaporware. 

Patience my good friends. We finished up our production on schedule as I mentioned here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/824543/introducing-nightowl-carbon-nighthawk-carbon-next-generation-headphones-from-audioquest/165#post_13129158

During CES we said the ship-to-customer date would likely be in February. It looks like we are still on schedule.

We will have them in stock either next week or the week after.

May I ask when Perch will be available in the UK?

Thank you.

Mar 18, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #348 of 422
  I sold mine after I got the NHs! You can get mint used NHs for $300. I am running them through a balanced cable ($200) connected to a Pono Player, which you can get used for $200. I consider this to be TOTL... $700. There is nothing that comes close to the price/performance of this rig... IMHO.

Can you please tell me how to get a good 4pin balanced cable for the NightOwl for my Schitt Jotunhiem?. Thanks

Mar 24, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #350 of 422
Mm...picked up a Nightowl Carbon just a couple of hours ago from my favorite headfi drug dealer :flag_ph: (Egghead Audiohub). Impressive mid-fi closed-back. Love the non-aggressive, relaxed tuning that sounds just right for chillaxing. Smooooooth...The build quality is impressive as well. Very comfortable to wear (right up there with the HD 800). The manual says 150 hours of burn-in. Light on the pocket. Easy to drive. Big in sound quality. Engaging. Potentially a portable masterpiece.

Mar 31, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #353 of 422
I've been enjoying the NO for a few months now. Although the isolation is just average, this is a very enjoyable headphone. In some way, perhaps several, I prefer the NO over the NH. The NH was only semi-open to begin with. And not as much mid-bass hump on the NH. The signature seems more balanced with better mids. 

Apr 2, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #356 of 422
Hi

What is the difference on the sound from pre to post burn-in?

Regards

Darren

Here's my take: think of wearing all of your winter clothing on a cold winters day, where the sun sets at 1630...mind you some like winter.

Then, think of that first warm Spring day at 70F, where you shed absolutely all of your clothing...uninhibited, you frolick through the fine warm day, honestly and openly...THAT would be post burn in.

With my NH's I listened throughout the process, and cannot verify SCIENTIFICALLY, that the change occurred. With the NO, I listened initially, then let them burn for 150hrs, WITHOUT listening again, until the finish.

I did notice a difference, one which I cannot verify; but to me the sound was more open, les veiled and presented itself as an honest sound. If you have the body of a supermodel (good quality music), then the sound is great. If you have the body of a middle-aged man (ME!, poor recording); then it does not hide deficiencies.

I really like both the NH and the NO, period. Hope this helps...:beers::sunglasses:

Apr 14, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #359 of 422
I am looking for a more compact hard-shelled carrying case for these headphones. I've heard that the included case is very nice; however, I am looking for something more compact to carry the nightowls around with me.

Has anyone bought a third party case? Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back