INTRODUCING my QUALIA 017
Oct 4, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #31 of 40
I'm obviously in the minority here, but i don't like the look.
orphsmile.gif
Too bad, I'm usually a very big fan of the Sony style, this just looks like a compact mirror to me, plain..

Oct 4, 2005 at 11:45 AM Post #32 of 40
If Sony has time to do this, they should build HDD and flash players like that build quality and with that sort of amp - not dead end minidisc technology. But I sure haven't seen any such item. Could they possibly try any harder to make this effort less of a success?

Oct 4, 2005 at 7:01 PM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by t10
Very very good looking unit!

However, I remember reading that it is E10 based, and specs indeed are the same. Was it ever confirmed that they are same internally?

The sound does taste differently. Anyway E10 does not have the advanced HD Digital Amp.

Oct 4, 2005 at 7:21 PM Post #36 of 40
Good idea on a HD-based unit. Sony should come out with a high-end (Qualia I guess) MP3 player with an audiophile-level DAC, support for FLAC files, a 120GB hard drive or something, and some Qualia headphones.

That would show Apple a thing or two...all the celebrities and so forth would want to use the Sony/Qualia MP3 player, not a low-end iPod.

Oct 4, 2005 at 9:25 PM Post #37 of 40
Does it have a line-out? I was on the cusp of getting one of Sony's newer MD players but none of them had that basic feature.

Very very nice looking unit though. Palladium coated brass sounds so hot, although it will be tough to keep fingerprints from smudging that fancy surface.
tongue.gif

Oct 5, 2005 at 4:49 AM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmpopfanatic
Wait, is that $1900 US or some other currency?

yep, it sure is. 1900yen wouldnt be much of a problem now, would it?
wink.gif
cool.gif

Oct 5, 2005 at 7:19 AM Post #39 of 40
Man, the Qualia 017 just oozes the sex, doesn't it? I mean, wow. Just wow. I would pay to have my karma's chassis cast for metallic replacements in a heartbeat after seeing how the 017 looks
smily_headphones1.gif
And to think, the iPod is only half done
wink.gif

580smile.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back