INTRODUCING my QUALIA 017
Oct 1, 2005 at 4:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

verth

New Head-Fier
see this link
biggrin.gif
Hope this time it works

http://www.pcshow.net/bbs/viewthread...ht=%2BVERTHADA

sorry no idea how to paste photos in this forum as it has a different regulation anyone warm-hearted help to put them here?
confused.gif

Oct 1, 2005 at 4:55 PM Post #3 of 40
holy ****! you bought one of those $1900 MD players?!

respect man. respect.
blink.gif

Oct 1, 2005 at 5:10 PM Post #6 of 40
Read something about Qualia production line are being closed down by Sony. This may be very hard to get in the future, definitely a gooood investment regardless how it sounds
biggrin.gif
(just give you another reasont to justify your purchase, now we will be waiting for your review thx)

Oct 1, 2005 at 5:11 PM Post #7 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL
Holy ship! Does it look as good as it sounds?
orphsmile.gif

I can't resist shiny things. It'd look great with my PSP. Wonder if Sony would do a qualia version of the PSP thats of unbelievably high quality.

It blows NH1 out of water, the resolution is high. The whole sound is clear, detailed,wide, fulfilledand somehow "balanced".I guess the 6-band equalizer and VPT are improved too, which give a definitely agreeable and clear sound for your leisure while they only make sounds harshier on high frequencys on HI-MD units and E10 .Hard to tell the atrac compression on this model(as far as I could).But I 'm not so happy with that EX71-looking earphone "MDR-EX070", which would be a lovely road companion of rock manias.
tongue.gif
Thinking of going to buy a ER4P or 6i OR ATH-CM7 OR...
icon10.gif

One major drawback is the output! It's just a bit stronger than MZ-E10. If you expect a "WOW" bassy sound, it's time for you to choose something else...

Oct 1, 2005 at 5:13 PM Post #8 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by dskywalker
Read something about Qualia production line are being closed down by Sony. This may be very hard to get in the future, definitely a gooood investment regardless how it sounds
biggrin.gif
(just give you another reasont to justify your purchase, now we will be waiting for your review thx)

There WILL be replacements in the future, I guess
rolleyes.gif

Oct 1, 2005 at 6:16 PM Post #9 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by verth
It blows NH1 out of water, the resolution is high. The whole sound is clear, detailed,wide, fulfilledand somehow "balanced".I guess the 6-band equalizer and VPT are improved too, which give a definitely agreeable and clear sound for your leisure while they only make sounds harshier on high frequencys on HI-MD units and E10 .Hard to tell the atrac compression on this model(as far as I could).But I 'm not so happy with that EX71-looking earphone "MDR-EX070", which would be a lovely road companion of rock manias.
tongue.gif
Thinking of going to buy a ER4P or 6i OR ATH-CM7 OR...
icon10.gif

One major drawback is the output! It's just a bit stronger than MZ-E10. If you expect a "WOW" bassy sound, it's time for you to choose something else...

Thanks for that, but its out of my price range! I'm content with my HD3, even if I am saving up for an iaudio X5. Might get a X6 by the time I save up enough cash...
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2005 at 11:46 PM Post #13 of 40
we tried that MD player at the qualia store - it's milled from one solid block of metal isnt it? I actually liked the earbuds - that MD player has a seriously powerful amp so the bass kicks hard with them. guess you aren't a bass fan! Nice grab!

Oct 2, 2005 at 2:18 AM Post #15 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
we tried that MD player at the qualia store - it's milled from one solid block of metal isnt it? I actually liked the earbuds - that MD player has a seriously powerful amp so the bass kicks hard with them. guess you aren't a bass fan! Nice grab!

Yup, as is written on the manual, it is crafted on a sing block of brass with PALLADIUM coating. The remote control and charging stand also employ the same material. Guess that's where the major costs come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back