Introducing MOMENTUM 4 Wireless
Jun 9, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #586 of 687
not sure what is going on but the noise cancelling has not changed on mine since newest firmware that adds 5band EQ. i am based in uk.
It was broken already in the previous one. The ANC is inexistent nowadays, you go out or commute and hear EVERYTHING. And I used them mostly for metal music. Good luck with other genres

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #587 of 687
I am amazed by how good these sounds straight out of the box.
Tried the 1000xm5 recently, and I couldn't get the hang of their sound , and I previously really enjoyed the 1000xm3's. Maybe they would have opened up after longer time of use.

But the Momentum 4's sound awesome and I am really happy with them and are easily recommendable.

Jun 14, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #589 of 687
It works as reduces the noise of my fan to almost zero db.
Yeah for some reason I just took people's words here at full face value. I haven't been listening to the momentum fours for a while since for on the go I got the Noble focus mystique and the i-fi go pods for my IE600.

I just tested out the ANC on these cans with my air conditioning on. ANC turned on clearly reduced the air conditioning fan noise quite a bit.

It's not the best ANC in the world but it certainly works. Some people's units may be defective but it's definitely not an issue across all the devices like some people are implying.

Jun 15, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #590 of 687
new firmware confirms APTX HD codec is being processed. shown in the APP.

previously it was only showing AptX for AptX HD which was confusing. now i can see AptX HD being shown from transmission ANdroid device and being processed on Senn APP. this is excellent as many much much more expensive headphones (FOCAL BATHYS) have massively messed up by not including AptX HD with there APtX Adaptive license. what a shambles at £800.

now AptX by itself would never be offered to my King - King Charles. Atleast AptX HD for minimal Royalty approval.
But does Focal Bathy still sound better with Aptx than Momentum 4
With Aptx-hd? That s the question...
Also I am not sure why Momentum is enable to use 24bit/ 96khz but max at 24/48 when connected via usb-c...

Odd

Jun 22, 2023 at 8:19 PM Post #592 of 687
Ever since the latest firmware upgrade, my battery drains fast when I’m not even using them. Anyone else experiencing this change in behavior with the battery since the upgrade? Before the upgrade the battery would last weeks before having to charge with very light use. Now it drains within a week or so and I’m hardly using them. I did confirm I have the auto-power-off setting at 15 minutes just like I had before. Not sure what else to try or what might be going on. Thanks.

Jun 24, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #593 of 687
What would you say are the best EQ settings for a more balanced sound in the app's new 5-band equalizer? I've noticed in some music the base can definitely take over. I've seen some people post graphics based on Harman AE/OE2018 target like the attached. But I'm unsure how to simplify it down to what's available.

Much thanks for any help

momentum-4-eq.png

Jun 24, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #594 of 687
What would you say are the best EQ settings for a more balanced sound in the app's new 5-band equalizer? I've noticed in some music the base can definitely take over. I've seen some people post graphics based on Harman AE/OE2018 target like the attached. But I'm unsure how to simplify it down to what's available.

Much thanks for any help

momentum-4-eq.png

Use oratory1990 via maybe PowerAmp Eq. Band EQ won't be able to fix the sound to that level.

Jun 26, 2023 at 3:46 AM Post #596 of 687
Ever since the latest firmware upgrade, my battery drains fast when I’m not even using them. Anyone else experiencing this change in behavior with the battery since the upgrade? Before the upgrade the battery would last weeks before having to charge with very light use. Now it drains within a week or so and I’m hardly using them. I did confirm I have the auto-power-off setting at 15 minutes just like I had before. Not sure what else to try or what might be going on. Thanks.
Yes me too, i dont know what is going on either hopefully they fix it.

Aug 1, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #599 of 687
Latest iOS App update a few days ago broke the pairing connection. Had to re-pair to iPhone.
Now the High Res Audio switch keeps turning OFF even if you restart headphones.

Also connection has become unstable and sound quality much worse since this iOS update.

Aug 1, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #600 of 687
Latest iOS App update a few days ago broke the pairing connection. Had to re-pair to iPhone.
Now the High Res Audio switch keeps turning OFF even if you restart headphones.

Also connection has become unstable and sound quality much worse since this iOS update.
Hi 👋 can you please PM me a screenshot of what you see in the Smart Control app when this happens? Also, your specific phone specs and OS version.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back