Introducing MOMENTUM 4 Wireless
May 1, 2023 at 3:17 AM Post #541 of 687
How can you tell the hardware version?
Go into the Smart Control App with the Momentum 4 connected > Settings > Model name > Here you will be able to see what hardware version you have.

May 1, 2023 at 3:45 AM Post #542 of 687
So far I think there's only one hardware version being sold. 4.0. It doesn't matter if you bought it on launch day or last week. I don't think the headphones sold any good for them making new batches.

About people buying them already with the latest firmware, that's something normal in most devices. Fabrication has nothing to do with software installs.

About the firm not being out yet, with the M4s being the brands flagship in a series that should be the most popular series nowadays (just take a look around, most people commuting / walking etc will have wireless cans, probably the Sony's or Apple's), it's pretty disappointing, and worrying that they haven't been able to provide updates in more that 6 months. Is not that it's not caring about their customers, it's just they're shooting their own feet. Sure, sending out a bunch of freebies, buying YouTubers, will give them a good start (despite nobody ever said the ANC was anything near the competition), but how will this help after the people that actually bought them will return?

Guess the issue with latest firm they're trying to fix it's actually that at some point the ANC goes bananas and just doesn't work. If they fix that guess it would be better for them as people wouldn't be able to return for free claiming the product just doesn't work.

May 1, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #544 of 687
I've been reading this this thread religiously over the past couple of weeks, but I thought I'd make an account to ask about something that's bugging me

I've had these headphones since last December, and since then the ANC has decided to stop working as it should. After about 15 minutes or so the right driver starts making an odd sound, which I can only describe as sounding like static or white noise. I believe it's the ANC as blowing on the ANC microphone(s) kind of fixes it, and the noise cancelling seems to be weaker since this issue started happening

Does anyone else on here have this problem? I'm just hoping it's a software issue because this update (if/when it's released :smile:) might fix it

Last edited:
May 3, 2023 at 3:14 AM Post #546 of 687
Okay i actually have a question for everyone that has worn these, am i the only one that struggles to keep them on? They always slip a bit on my head, wether thats the headband or the ear cups when i move my head quickly, is that normal or do these not fit me well (these are my first headphones so i have no idea)

May 4, 2023 at 12:13 AM Post #547 of 687
Okay i actually have a question for everyone that has worn these, am i the only one that struggles to keep them on? They always slip a bit on my head, wether thats the headband or the ear cups when i move my head quickly, is that normal or do these not fit me well (these are my first headphones so i have no idea)
Yes, whenever I'm not holding my head straight, for example if I look up - the M4 headband threatens to roll off to the back.
That never happens with HD650 or even with 1.5 pound LCD-2.
The headband surface is slippery.

May 4, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #549 of 687
The firmware has been released.

Updating now.

EDIT: the new resolution mode does not change the EQ at all, does not make them flatter.
Cool! Updating now. Hope it is good!

Edit: so far it works great :thumbsup:

Last edited:
May 4, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #550 of 687
Just updated and listening while walking the dog. Sound quality is good. Haven't messed with ANC or transparency mode yet.

Also have never had an issue with these sliding off and I have no hair. I also don't have a small head.

May 4, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #551 of 687
The firmware has been released.

Updating now.

EDIT: the new resolution mode does not change the EQ at all, does not make them flatter.

I've just installed it too. It looks like there might be a bit of extra ANC on the slider, after updating it appeared to let me adjust for more ANC. I haven't tested it though. I really appreciate the 5 band EQ with the frequencies shown.
I didn't spot "resolution mode", what does that do?

May 4, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #552 of 687
I've just installed it too. It looks like there might be a bit of extra ANC on the slider, after updating it appeared to let me adjust for more ANC. I haven't tested it though. I really appreciate the 5 band EQ with the frequencies shown.
I didn't spot "resolution mode", what does that do?
It's in Settings.

Attachments

• IMG_1637.jpg
    IMG_1637.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back