Introducing MOMENTUM 4 Wireless
Sep 16, 2022 at 4:56 AM Post #241 of 689
Out of curiosity. Does the Codec option in Configuration show anything for anyone anytime? Its always showing No Audio Stream for me. Not that it bothers me as the app is far from perfect. I run the app in a Pixel 6 phone, it did not show anything in Android 12 and it does not show anything in Android 13 either.

PS I'd swear the wind reduction has become way worse with the latest updates...
No issues here. This screenshot is while active with a TIDAL stream on a Galaxy S22+, firmware 2.9.3; aptX is the active codec for the stream. No wind noise feature updates in the firmware pack.

Screenshot_20220916-045419_Smart Control.jpg

Last edited:
Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Sep 16, 2022 at 6:11 AM Post #242 of 689
Out of curiosity. Does the Codec option in Configuration show anything for anyone anytime? Its always showing No Audio Stream for me. Not that it bothers me as the app is far from perfect. I run the app in a Pixel 6 phone, it did not show anything in Android 12 and it does not show anything in Android 13 either.

PS I'd swear the wind reduction has become way worse with the latest updates...
Codec is detected on my Sony Xperia 1 II smartphone on the Sennheiser Connection app as APTX ADAPTIVE with Android 12.
Maybe try to deleting the app and reinstalling?
Not sure why it's not showing...do you have another phone or tablet you can try?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220916-060347.png
    Screenshot_20220916-060347.png
    424.9 KB · Views: 0
Sep 19, 2022 at 5:18 AM Post #243 of 689
I don't have much experience with all things musical but like to hear what I perceive as good audio quality.
I have just received these earphones and I am wanting to use them with my Hiby r6 pro wirelessly.
I have installed the app on my device and eventually managed to pair the earphones with the app but, whatever I try, I am unable to achieve what I consider to be a decent maximum volume.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sep 19, 2022 at 5:25 AM Post #244 of 689
I don't have much experience with all things musical but like to hear what I perceive as good audio quality.
I have just received these earphones and I am wanting to use them with my Hiby r6 pro wirelessly.
I have installed the app on my device and eventually managed to pair the earphones with the app but, whatever I try, I am unable to achieve what I consider to be a decent maximum volume.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Check Bluetooth volume level in the Hiby

Sep 20, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #246 of 689
If possible, could you upload your settings in Wavelet... I mistakingly uploaded a non Harmon curve setting I think.

Thank you.
Try this. I think* it's a harmon plus a touch more bass with some extra filters I added to make the curve closer.

*Uploaded from my Google drive via phone while on holiday so I can't confirm the file is the right one so easily.

That said and done, I don't actually use it. The M4 is basically Harmon tuned with significant bass boost. My preference is currently just to have -1db bass and +1db treble in the sennheiser app and leave it there. There's a lot of filter in that wavelet file and actually I'm not sure it really helps much. Tune to taste I would say. Most easily done using PEACE on a Windows machine in my experience.

Attachments

• Sennheiser Momentum 4 Wireless Filters - dowload for reference.txt
    954 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 20, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #247 of 689
I don't think the M4W is listed has having Aptx HD. However, android developer settings suggest it's compatible and sound keeps playing when I select it.

Sony Xperia 5iii FWIW

When I select Aptx HD the audio gaps then plays normally. Android claims it's 44.1khz 24bit. The sennheiser app says "no audio stream". No audible difference though (as we should realistically expect).

On the Xperia 5iii with Aptx adaptive the phone also has a pop up stating the headphones are compatible with Qualcom Snapdragon Sound. From what I have read this enables 96khz sample rate at 24bit. Not sure what this achieves as android resamples at 48khz anyway so upsampling to 96 isn't going to discover new information in the stream by magic.

I actually suffered a couple of issues in normal use with getting a mono audio only. M4 connected to PC and phone in parallel. Needed to restart M4 and phone to sort it out. I did test that it was mono by going to the android accessibility audio settings and using the left/right balance and finding it equally effected both ears.

Sep 20, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #248 of 689
Try this. I think* it's a harmon plus a touch more bass with some extra filters I added to make the curve closer.

*Uploaded from my Google drive via phone while on holiday so I can't confirm the file is the right one so easily.

That said and done, I don't actually use it. The M4 is basically Harmon tuned with significant bass boost. My preference is currently just to have -1db bass and +1db treble in the sennheiser app and leave it there. There's a lot of filter in that wavelet file and actually I'm not sure it really helps much. Tune to taste I would say. Most easily done using PEACE on a Windows machine in my experience.
I actually have the same settings for mine in my Sennheiser Smart Control app's EQ...named it D:N:U ( down : neutral : up ) :smile_phones:

I couldn't find any settings in Wavelet for the M4's except for the one I created.
All the settings were for the original Momentums, II and III's.
I have yet to see if yours is there, but will when I check Wavelet tonight.
What is it listed/named as?

I'm a Mac user so I don't think I can use the PEACE program.

Thanks for the help.

Sep 20, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #249 of 689
I actually have the same settings for mine in my Sennheiser Smart Control app's EQ...named it D:N:U ( down : neutral : up ) :smile_phones:

I couldn't find any settings in Wavelet for the M4's except for the one I created.
All the settings were for the original Momentums, II and III's.
I have yet to see if yours is there, but will when I check Wavelet tonight.
What is it listed/named as?

I'm a Mac user so I don't think I can use the PEACE program.

Thanks for the help.
If you import the file I attached into Wavelet it will appear in your auto EQ list with the title of the filename.

Sep 20, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #254 of 689
The ladies voice that says stuff like "connected" or "no connection" generally sounds the same as on my old M2W. However, when she says "more than 80% battery" she's developed a slight cockney twang to her accent. This seems a bit odd and quite specific coming from a German manufacturer. It makes no material difference but makes me wonder if it's done on purpose by design, on purpose for a laugh or just by accident. Harmless either way.

Sep 20, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #255 of 689
The ladies voice that says stuff like "connected" or "no connection" generally sounds the same as on my old M2W. However, when she says "more than 80% battery" she's developed a slight cockney twang to her accent. This seems a bit odd and quite specific coming from a German manufacturer. It makes no material difference but makes me wonder if it's done on purpose by design, on purpose for a laugh or just by accident. Harmless either way.
She's got great manners. Exceptional at blackjack. Outdoorsy but still gentle with an eye for interior decor. She's laughing with you, never at you. Once saved a baby from a burning building. Holds the county record in the 100 m dash.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back