Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Feb 24, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #3,181 of 4,765
  David, the designer of Wireworld cables (formerly of Straightwire), designs cables to sound like no cable at all - i.e., like a direct connection.  They are not tuned to have a specific flavor.  They are extremely quiet, and very low distortion - which is quite audible.  I use them on my Utopias and on every mmcx or 2-pin iem they will fit.   

How on earth can we order it, I tried ordering one locally but the local dealer couldnt get what I was saying. Do you have any picture of the final MMCX connectors? Many thanks in advance. 

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #3,182 of 4,765
  How on earth can we order it, I tried ordering one locally but the local dealer couldnt get what I was saying. Do you have any picture of the final MMCX connectors? Many thanks in advance. 

I have them at home - I'll post a pic tonight or tomorrow.  I'll contact Wireworld and let them know about it.  It's for Australia, right?

Feb 25, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #3,184 of 4,765
Looks a bit ugly, not well finished and not convenient. I mean the wireworld cable on the pic.

This is from 3 years ago, but yeah the WireWorld Platinum Eclipse 7 cable I had reterminated for CIEM was definitely NOT convenient haha.

The cable had an immense soundstage, very etched presentation of details, but overall sounded rather thin / lacking body.

Hopefully their new, more compact nano platinum eclipse is smoother and more natural.

Feb 25, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #3,185 of 4,765
 What is the best IEM for pairing with the Lotoo Paw Gold? Which one has better sinergy? I currently have the Rhapsodio Solar and the 64 Audio U10, but I wonder if there are any other which sound really amazing with the LPW.

What IEM do you use? 

Feb 25, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #3,188 of 4,765
 What is the best IEM for pairing with the Lotoo Paw Gold? Which one has better sinergy? I currently have the Rhapsodio Solar and the 64 Audio U10, but I wonder if there are any other which sound really amazing with the LPW.

What IEM do you use? 

AKG K3003i. It is shown in some Lotoo PAW Gold ads as used with the PAW Gold, which to me comprises an indirect endorsement from Lotoo.

Feb 25, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #3,190 of 4,765
Yes matter of fact when I first got my Lotoo what they would recommend me to use in order to get the same experience as the designer of LPG they recommend the K3003 heavily. well I had better pairing but K3003 incredibly wide soundstage pairs nicely with the excellent depth of LPG. Ignoring the treble it truly offers the best soundstage that even EX-1000 can't best. 
AKG K3003i. It is shown in some Lotoo PAW Gold ads as used with the PAW Gold, which to me comprises an indirect endorsement from Lotoo.

Feb 25, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #3,191 of 4,765
Looks a bit ugly, not well finished and not convenient. I mean the wireworld cable on the pic.

I do not really disagree with you, but do want to make several points about Wireworld cables, relative to many other 'iem cables' on the market. This may sound like the rant of a fan-boy, but it is really just a rant that's been brewing in me for some time, and this just triggered it.  Just for the record, the company I work for does not sell Wirwworld products, so this is also not a thinkl;y disguised sales pitch either.  

Seems to me than most of the iem cables are variations on a very narrow theme- copper, silver-plated copper, or silver; either sold, stranded or litz, and sometimes occ.  All braided and terminated using mostly the same connectors.  Some even mix some strands of different metals together to acheive a specific sonic result.It's almosty like having a bunch of restaurants all cooking the same things, with slight variations (if any) in seasonsings, or the proportions of ingreedients.  The cables are made from, essentially, off-the-shelf components, made by hand by overworked individuals, and one pays/orders, and waits a really long time to get a specific braided vision of heaven.

Wireworld has devoted years of time and effort in R&D, has components of their own proprietary design manufactured for them, and has a production facility wherein paid employees terminated the cables either for stock, or to order.  The cables are designed to be sonically indistinguishable from a direct by-pass; not cooked up to have a specific sonic flavoring. They are the way they are becasue each design element contributes to that design goal.  Form follows function.  Other cables that are well-received also have some ergonomic "challenges" (Dita's VandenHul and the Cardas cable from their 5813 iems to name a few).  The electrical peformance, not the form-factor, or the availability of off the shelf materials determines the result.  

None of the above means you have to like them, or that they will meet your specific sonic taste or expectations.  It does mean that they are a real product.  The fact that they have been successful for a long time, and well regarded, counts for something.  

Feb 26, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #3,192 of 4,765
I do not really disagree with you, but do want to make several points about Wireworld cables, relative to many other 'iem cables' on the market. This may sound like the rant of a fan-boy, but it is really just a rant that's been brewing in me for some time, and this just triggered it.  Just for the record, the company I work for does not sell Wirwworld products, so this is also not a thinkl;y disguised sales pitch either.  

Seems to me than most of the iem cables are variations on a very narrow theme- copper, silver-plated copper, or silver; either sold, stranded or litz, and sometimes occ.  All braided and terminated using mostly the same connectors.  Some even mix some strands of different metals together to acheive a specific sonic result.It's almosty like having a bunch of restaurants all cooking the same things, with slight variations (if any) in seasonsings, or the proportions of ingreedients.  The cables are made from, essentially, off-the-shelf components, made by hand by overworked individuals, and one pays/orders, and waits a really long time to get a specific braided vision of heaven.

Wireworld has devoted years of time and effort in R&D, has components of their own proprietary design manufactured for them, and has a production facility wherein paid employees terminated the cables either for stock, or to order.  The cables are designed to be sonically indistinguishable from a direct by-pass; not cooked up to have a specific sonic flavoring. They are the way they are becasue each design element contributes to that design goal.  Form follows function.  Other cables that are well-received also have some ergonomic "challenges" (Dita's VandenHul and the Cardas cable from their 5813 iems to name a few).  The electrical peformance, not the form-factor, or the availability of off the shelf materials determines the result.  

None of the above means you have to like them, or that they will meet your specific sonic taste or expectations.  It does mean that they are a real product.  The fact that they have been successful for a long time, and well regarded, counts for something.  
Once again I have nothing against them. Never heard them and no opinion on the tech involved. I am just saying, based on the picture, for an iem, they seem thick, not very convenient, and the finish on the sockets is not very neat. So I am not sure what you point is sorry.

Feb 26, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #3,194 of 4,765
ah cables, people gets so touchy.

oh, you just wait 'till I join the discussion 
biggrin.gif
  And speaking from a personal experience, being a cable believer is not a rewarding hobby especially when you write cable reviews loll!!!  Mim, it's your cue to jump in, bud, and rip me another one
tongue.gif

Feb 26, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #3,195 of 4,765

What IEM do you use? 

Anything and everything
biggrin.gif
  This is very subjective and really up to a personal taste, so people will just reply with their favorite IEMs or full size they are currently using.  It's the quality of the source which brings up the quality of your iems/cans to make them sound to their full potential.  Of course, some DAPs add their own distinct color to the sound which can enhance the signature.  My only comment, if you have very sensitive IEMs, the hissing with LPG will be more noticeable.  But even with that, once I hit Play - often I forget about it, even with Zeus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back