Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Feb 22, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #3,151 of 4,765
Been listening to the LPG for a week. I've put in close to 50Hrs of playback time. Here are some early impressions:

- Resolution, Transparency and Precision are the most noticeable qualities of the device. It has a forward presentation, with average stage width. But the depth and height are very impressive, resulting in a cube like, 3-dimensional sound-stage. Tonality is neutral and can be considered natural for the most part. But because of the energetic upper mid-range and an open-tone in the treble region, it verges into territory of reference. It is revealing and retrieves plenty of details. As a consequence, it is not so forgiving and, is not suited for those looking for a laid-back sound.

- LPS's UI is basic with a bare-bone OS and physical buttons for navigation and control. Although it is snappy and reliable, it is not as intuitive as the UI of Fiio X3ii or Sony A15. The Cognac Dignis case gives it a very sophisticated look and goes well with the gold accents of the player. The device fits tight in the case but, can be challenging to get it out of the case. Also, with the case on, the device gets more warm as, the leather is not as good as Aluminum when it comes to dissipating heat.

- Pairing with the Zeus has its pros and cons. For the Cons, as stated by Twister6 and Mimouille earlier, there is a noticeable hiss. But to my surprise, I am not distracted by it for the most part. The combo also can be too much to handle as both have very engaging presentations and are not very forgiving. On the Pros side, the combo is one of the best, I have listened so far in a portable setup. Both allow the other to showcase their finest talents resulting in a very good synergy.

- My Sennheiser IE80 is a warm, smooth and a laidback IEM. It has an amazing soundstage but lacks transparency and precision. IE80 and LPG make a fun and enjoyable combo.

LPG vs Mojo:
- Overall, it is slightly ahead of the Mojo in terms of fidelity and technical abilities. But both devices share a few common traits; i) full bodied notes ii) forward presentation iii) average stage width iv) very good depth, v) energetic upper mids, vi) PRaT, and vii) engaging sound.

- As for the differences between the 2 devices, Mojo is slightly warmer due to the bolder lower & center mid-range and has a polite treble. LPG is neutral in the lower & center mid-range and, has a relatively sharper treble. Due to lack of warmth, LPG sounds cleaner and the space between instruments are darker. LPG pulls ahead in terms of i) resolution, ii) transparency, iii) precision, iv) imaging, v) timbre, vi) detail retrieval and vii) stage height.

- LPG's bass hits hard and can be increased with it's sophisticated PMEQ. Mojo's bass is dependent on the paired DAP/Software and the nature of the EQ. When it is paired my Fiio X3ii, the bass sounds soft, but with the Vox player on my Mac, it has better impact and rumble. And same goes with the EQ. Fiio's EQ is not so effective and so doesn't create much change on the Mojo's end. But Vox's EQ is more effective and the difference can be clearly observed on the Mojo's end.

- Here are some notes, if you are thinking of upgrading from the Mojo: 
   - People who prefer Mojo's presentation, but prefer a tonality that is less warmer, LPG will be the perfect upgrade.
   - On the other hand, people who do not like the presentation of the Mojo, but perfer Mojo's warm tonality, LPG may be a bad choice.

Feb 22, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #3,152 of 4,765
Been listening to the LPG for a week. I've put in close to 50Hrs of playback time. Here are some early impressions:

- Resolution, Transparency and Precision are the most noticeable qualities of the device. It has a forward presentation with average stage width, but the depth and height are very impressive resulting in a cube like 3-dimensional sound-ve very engaging presentations and are not

It is SO GREAT to see another go through the discovery of The Joy Of Lotoo! Thanks!

Feb 23, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #3,154 of 4,765
@eaglewings where did you find the diginis case?

At Rakuten. Not cheap though:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/nine-select/item/ingens/

And then they charge an additional $18 on top of that for shipping. :frowning2:

Feb 23, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #3,155 of 4,765
Hi.

Honestly you should avoid this product. The battery life is decreasy too quickly compairing to the beginning I had it.

And now, the product has an issue out of warranty period and can't be repaired.

What a great buy.

Feb 23, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #3,156 of 4,765
Hi.

Honestly you should avoid this product. The battery life is decreasy too quickly compairing to the beginning I had it.

And now, the product has an issue out of warranty period and can't be repaired.

What a great buy.

Where did you get yours? Try email Lotoo China and see if they can help.And the battery can be replaced contra cost.

Feb 23, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #3,157 of 4,765
I got it in UK, second hand.
The battery issue was before he died. 100 usd to change it excluding shipping cost.
They won't loose money.

It's lotoo china who don't want to repair it.

Feb 23, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #3,159 of 4,765
I use it only as a portable player. Never at home.

Feb 23, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #3,162 of 4,765
Thanks! Pricey but beautiful. At that price it should be perfect, is it?

It is perfect, in the sense that, it looks great, feels good in your hand and offers protection on the areas it covers. However, like I stated earlier, the device gets warmer, while inside the case, as leather is not good at conducting heat away. So if you are someone who listens to a lot of Hi-Res or DSD files, the device could get considerably warmer.

Apart from that, if I am being too critical, then: The opening for the power button is quite narrow. So you need to poke using your finger tip to access the power button. And it can be challenging if you have big fingers. But I have thought of a DIY mod for this. I'll share it, if it works out.

Also, there is no opening in the bottom to access the SD card slot. It is not a deal breaker for me, but I have seen a few people prefer openings in the case to access SD card slots.

Just sharing all these, so that you'll know what to expect, especially for its asking price.

Feb 23, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #3,163 of 4,765

I got it in UK, second hand.
The battery issue was before he died. 100 usd to change it excluding shipping cost.
They won't loose money.

It's lotoo china who don't want to repair it.

I have the first one forever and never had an issue. Maybe the guy before you killed the battery...

That's exactly what I'm thinking as well.  Had mine for a long time, use it a lot, battery still going strong, and I love the accuracy of the remaining battery time indicator in a status bar.

Feb 23, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #3,164 of 4,765
Thanks! Pricey but beautiful. At that price it should be perfect, is it?

It is perfect, in the sense that, it looks great, feels good in your hand and offers protection on the areas it covers. However, like I stated earlier, the device gets warmer, while inside the case, as leather is not good at conducting heat away. So if you are someone who listens to a lot of Hi-Res or DSD files, the device could get considerably warmer.

Apart from that, if I am being too critical, then: The opening for the power button is quite narrow. So you need to poke using your finger tip to access the power button. And it can be challenging if you have big fingers. But I have thought of a DIY mod for this. I'll share it, if it works out.

Also, there is no opening in the bottom to access the SD card slot. It is not a deal breaker for me, but I have seen a few people prefer openings in the case to access SD card slots.

Just sharing all these, so that you'll know what to expect, especially for its asking price.

Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back