Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Feb 25, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #241 of 4,765
  PG uses LME49600 has very good performance.(if they are used as opamp), there is a good balance at power section. Are there any popular amps using LME49600?

my only issue with it is with certain dynamic driver. 

Saying all I said before I am been very picky and I can say with confidence if I was to let people audition it with the dynamic drivers I auditioned myself 9/10 of them will have no problem at all. It is that having spend time with certain gears, different setup I get a sense of how a gear can sound and when I don't experience with different setup I know something is wrong and this is what most consider a bad synergy.

PAW is great with all the BA IEM I have tried and nothing is lacking, it is only with Dita that I have an issue. 

Feb 25, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #245 of 4,765
I own Tera, heard RWAK240, PG not heard HUGO. Most similar thing is  Tera with much more bass, more smooth and resolution. IMO

Feb 25, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #248 of 4,765
I did not hear the Paw like that...closer to the AK240 than to the Tera or Hugo...very clearly. To each one his own ears.

I believe review said Lotoo's intensity and musicality similar Hugo or Tera.

Feb 26, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #252 of 4,765
I have the RWAK240, Tera and Lotoo Paw Gold and, like children, each has their own character, personality, attitudes, which may suit different occasions, moods, even different recordings. From time to time, I may even favor one over another on a whim but in the end, I love them all.

Feb 26, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #254 of 4,765
I have the RWAK240, Tera and Lotoo Paw Gold and, like children, each has their own character, personality, attitudes, which may suit different occasions, moods, even different recordings. From time to time, I may even favor one over another on a whim but in the end, I love them all.

I'd like to try out the Tera and AK240 at some point but I think it's going to be a very long time before that happens. I'll enjoy the Paw Gold when it comes in and leave it at that unless it comes real close to the N6.

Feb 26, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #255 of 4,765

I'd like to try out the Tera and AK240 at some point but I think it's going to be a very long time before that happens. I'll enjoy the Paw Gold when it comes in and leave it at that unless it comes real close to the N6.

I don't know about the others but on sound alone, I cannot rate any of these three DAPs over another. The Tera wins on simplicity, portability and is my first choice when I'm traveling, but can be a pain navigating through albums, tracks, etc. The Paw Gold is as good as it gets on resolution, separation and packs enough punch with any need to amp, but its UI is a little archaic and weighs a ton compared to the other two. IMHO, the RWAK240 is a great improvement over the stock player and is the most rounded and elegant of the lot. If I could only have one to listen to for the rest of time, I'd let you pick and I'd be very happy which ever it is nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back