Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Jul 6, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #1,052 of 4,765
If there is no shift on mean voltage there is no need for coupling cap, when I make a diymod, ı did not use coupling cap. coupling cap be used for to be safe side. You can try it with cheap earbud.

Are they for resevoir, or signal passing on that. It looks signal passing on that for coupling. Otherwise DC blocking cap at amplifiyng circuit, in that case by-pass not good for battery also other parts. Measuring current on by-pass good hint for that purpose.

Jul 7, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #1,053 of 4,765
Not intending this to be a mod thread. It was explained well enough and your question already answered. The PAW has great engineering and doesn't happen to use signal path coupling caps as far as I can tell. When devices do use them, they are there for a reason, sometimes not obvious to consumers. While not used here, if done properly, they are not the bane some make them out to be. Just a different compromise. Those that want to discuss can PM. I'm not continuing this stream here.

Jul 7, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #1,054 of 4,765
Just a newbie here... Wondering if anyone can explain in simple terms how the PMEQ management works.
confused.gif
 How do the Filters work and what exactly are the FO, LSF/BPF/HSF and Q.  How do we know what to calibrate in order to get the desired effect? It is so much simpler with manual equalizers and levers.

Thanks in advance.

Jul 7, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #1,055 of 4,765
They are different slopes and frequency adjustments to give better control of how wide an area etc is adjusted. Easy enough top set it up like a standard EQ but it would be a disservice to yourself. For instance If you're adjusting for a headphone/earphone, it will tend to have a resonance peak somewhere and standard non parametric EQ would creates dips on either side of the adjusted peak. This types of EQ is more professional in nature and allows for critical correction. You simply need to to get used to it. Search google for 'parametric equalizer settings'.

Jul 7, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #1,056 of 4,765
  Just a newbie here... Wondering if anyone can explain in simple terms how the PMEQ management works.
confused.gif
 How do the Filters work and what exactly are the FO, LSF/BPF/HSF and Q.  How do we know what to calibrate in order to get the desired effect? It is so much simpler with manual equalizers and levers.

Thanks in advance.

There is a link on post 2 that explains how the PMEQ works with graphics. Check it out.

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #1,060 of 4,765
LME49600 is very addictive. 

I agree. FYI I have completely revisited my PMEQ settings. It turns out that the issue was not "glare" in the highs but rather just a natural relative thinness in the mids. This is a byproduct of having such dynamic treble and bass. So it isn't necessary to reduce the 10 kHz band but just to do the mids adjustments. I have changed the Q though which fleshes the mids out a bit more. The results have brought my Westone ES5 back to life for the first time in years. The Lab 1 is to die for. I am really happy with the Paw Gold now.

I am on vacation in Taipei (survived the typhoon, meh really). I'll post revised settings and thoughts when I get back.

Jul 13, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #1,064 of 4,765
See if you can get a hold of ak380, I am so tempted.
I audiotionned the Ak380 and the PG side by side. People will tell you the 380 is a departure from the AK sound which is true but then again not. It sounds close to the AK240SS, maybe a little wider and more airy, with a slightly more natural tone. But both are very different from the PG, which has more power, more depth, more raw feeling, but maybe a bit less width and clarity. I am not an expert but PG is very different from AK380. And now I want both, but since I have the 240SS, maybe I crave the PG more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back