Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Sep 2, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #3,736 of 4,765
This might be a little OT, but it seems like a lot of you guys know your DAPs. So is anyone aware of a good DAP with an analogue input? I was thinking the PAW gold is good enough that I don't really need a desktop dac/amp, but I've got no way of listening to my turntable then if I get rid of them. Was thinking on the odd occasion I want to listen to vinyl, it would be nice to be able to just plug the phono stage into my dap but I don't know if such a product exists. It would need a high power output too which probably narrows down my options even more...

Sep 2, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #3,737 of 4,765
This might be a little OT, but it seems like a lot of you guys know your DAPs. So is anyone aware of a good DAP with an analogue input? I was thinking the PAW gold is good enough that I don't really need a desktop dac/amp, but I've got no way of listening to my turntable then if I get rid of them. Was thinking on the odd occasion I want to listen to vinyl, it would be nice to be able to just plug the phono stage into my dap but I don't know if such a product exists. It would need a high power output too which probably narrows down my options even more...

Don't think i ever came across a dap with an analog input. That's what amps are for :wink:

Sep 2, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #3,738 of 4,765
This is the reason that I love the sound of the LPG so much because it is so close to an actual record player. I would love another dap even more if it sounds even much and much closer to the record player. The question we have to ask ourselves is, is there any dap out there that can do that?

Sep 2, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #3,739 of 4,765
Sony PHA-1, and maybe PHA-3, have an analog input.

Sep 2, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #3,740 of 4,765
This is the reason that I love the sound of the LPG so much because it is so close to an actual record player. I would love another dap even more if it sounds even much and much closer to the record player. The question we have to ask ourselves is, is there any dap out there that can do that?
Have you heard the Tera Player? Is a wonderful sounding music player, natural and organic. No fatigue after 7 hours nonstop listening.

Sep 2, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #3,741 of 4,765
Have you heard the Tera Player? Is a wonderful sounding music player, natural and organic. No fatigue after 7 hours nonstop listening.

$3k, no display, high output impedance, and only WAV file support? :wink:

Sep 2, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #3,742 of 4,765
Don't think i ever came across a dap with an analog input. That's what amps are for :wink:

I can't think of one either, but some of you seem to be really across the dap market so that's why I'm asking. Trying to avoid the need for an additional amp - hence the question.

No complaints about the sound of the LPG at all. But I have spent about $4k on a turntable and phono stage because I wanted to be able to listen to vinyl on something that did the headphones some degree of justice. However, to use it I need to keep my desktop amp. Would be much nicer to be able to use LPG > Headphone 90% of the time, and then Vinyl > DAP > headphone when the mood strikes to save having dedicated desktop gear. Clearaudio makes a phono stage with headphone output but not sure what it sounds like or how much power it puts out. It's also quite expensive so I'm not really keen to take the gamble.

Sony PHA-1, and maybe PHA-3, have an analog input.

Yeah amps and dac/amp combos have an input (they have to) but I was wondering if there was an all in one player/dac/amp that had one.

Ohhhhhhhh... I've got a few problems with the tera player... Does it even have an input anyway?

Sep 4, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #3,743 of 4,765
I am pretty sure the Tera Player can be such a great player of natural and organic sound which I will really be after and care for, but without a display that makes me treasure my LPG even more to this day.

Sep 5, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #3,746 of 4,765
Shanling M3 is the only dap that I know if which can act as an amplifier.

Sep 7, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #3,747 of 4,765
It always amazes me how differently we hear. My sister thinks my Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 headphones sound "tinny." I love Lotoo Paw Gold Diana and Sony, although I have the Sony NW-WM1A. I really love the Sony user interface. It sounds sublime and Bluetooth is great for Graphic Audio audiobooks in my postal truck. Everyone should check Graphic Audio out. Theme songs, digital sound effects, cinematic music, and voice actors playing each individual character. Diana on the other hand seems much more aggressive and punchy to my ears. I am a metalhead, so aggressive is what my ears crave.

I have since used Sony NW-WM1A in balanced with Audioquest Nighthawk headphones and Shure SE846s. It is VERY competitive with Lotoo Paw Gold Diana, especially after burn in.

Sep 7, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #3,748 of 4,765
Anyone else heard anything from lotoo? With LPG semi-officially discontinued when will LPG II come out?

I wish I was teasing you guys but I genuinely want to find out as I am thinking of selling my WM1A to upgrade to WM1Z and only thing which will make me pause it is LPGII.

Sep 7, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #3,750 of 4,765
I sold my LPG and after one month later, I purchased again (this time Titanium one). LPG is the best DAP I ever listened. I realized I want to keep it till LPG died.

LO7yqa.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back