Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Dec 2, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #2,851 of 4,766
Hello Guys,

I would like to share my rant against Lotoo, at least against their marketing manager, who is the guy you will see at most events.

As an introduction, I would like to state that I am one of the early adopters and biggest fans of the Lotoo Paw Gold. I have been praising and supporting this product all over the forums.

At the beginning Lotoo was completely unknown and people just made fun of the blingy looks. The people at Lotoo were always kind and informative, I event went to visit their offices and workshop. They showed me the Titanium edition which I liked a lot and asked if I could get a trade in for my LPG. At that time the product was not out yet, so they asked to wait until it was released on massdrop.

After a few months it didn't happen so I contacted the marketing manager to enquire on the possibility to upgrade. He is promised he would do it for me, and didn't mention costs (which I would have accepted if reasonable).

After this initial promise, no news, and I chased the guy around every week for months, and he either didn't answer, or always had good excuses : I am at a show, I have not stock, I am on vacation, maybe next week...

After a while, I really got pissed at the utter lack of respect of this guy for one of their earliest customers and supporters and told him so. He just answered a one liner : are you willing to pay. I really got pissed because he never mentioned it. I said I would pay what was needed so let us get on with it.

After that he didn't answer for a while again, and said : if you won't pay let us stop. While I had said I was willing to pay. And after that no answer. I asked again, he just ignored me.

So let me just say this, I love my LPG but will not recommend it to anyone because the brand has become scornful of its clients. Now that they are selling well in China and Japan and elsewhere, the think they can treat the little guys like crap...well guys let me tell you what goes around comes around.

This doesn't make the LPG any less good but I would recommend you deal only with the distributors you trust, not with them directly.

Likely there's good reason for his behavior, not that it justifies this unprofessional exchange. Still, it's probably not enough reason to paint the company black. Maybe he has a handicapped child and asked for a crucial raise that was declined.....just sayin, one never knows, that's all.

Dec 2, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #2,852 of 4,766

Likely there's good reason for his behavior, not that it justifies this unprofessional exchange. Still, it's probably not enough reason to paint the company black. Maybe he has a handicapped child and asked for a crucial raise that was declined.....just sayin, one never knows, that's all.

If it happens once or twice, I can accept that and I do give people the benefit of the doubt.  But it seems like that it is more of a pattern, a style or his modus operandi toward Mim and I think Mim has good reason to grim.  If he is not able to exchange or not willing to do it, he should be genuine about it and not dragging him on. I can't stand this kind of behavior.

Dec 2, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #2,853 of 4,766
  What video?

Does the volume on the standard version goes up to 100? I am a little hesitate to turn the volume up to the max fearing it might blow my iem out.

The JPS Diana phones suppose to be easy to drive than the abyss, if the LPG/Diana can drive the Abyss, it will have no problem with the Diana phone.

I have just literally tried it for about 5 mins with the Abyss - the volume goes up to 75.  Don't know where I saw 135.

Sorry, forgot to post the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I_KRg8V90k

Dec 2, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #2,854 of 4,766
So let me just say this, I love my LPG but will not recommend it to anyone because the brand has become scornful of its clients. Now that they are selling well in China and Japan and elsewhere, the think they can treat the little guys like crap...well guys let me tell you what goes around comes around.

This doesn't make the LPG any less good but I would recommend you deal only with the distributors you trust, not with them directly.

To be fair their communication from start wasn't that good. They like to focus on their local market and they rather have you deal with your dealer directly.
In my case since I bought mine directly from them I have no other option.

He normally prefers to be contacted by his qq account but even with that he is hard to reach.

Dec 2, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #2,855 of 4,766
I had similar problems dealing with Ray Samuels audio years ago it is very off-putting.  It's one of the reasons I deal with my local retailer - my problem becomes their problem...

What 'upgrade' are you referring to? The Diana?  Because if it's optimised for planars and you aren't using them, it may be a downgrade? Possibly?

Dec 3, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #2,856 of 4,766
I had similar problems dealing with Ray Samuels audio years ago it is very off-putting.  It's one of the reasons I deal with my local retailer - my problem becomes their problem...

What 'upgrade' are you referring to? The Diana?  Because if it's optimised for planars and you aren't using them, it may be a downgrade? Possibly?
I think Min wants to change his colour to titan finish.

Dec 3, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #2,857 of 4,766
I think Min wants to change his colour to titan finish.
Living in Hong Kobg for over 10 years its all about money. You have money than you my friend. You bought it now bye bye I am busy. In this case If they cant make money changing the color then in most cases (99%) they wont have time to waste on that issue.

Dec 3, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #2,859 of 4,766
To be fair their communication from start wasn't that good. They like to focus on their local market and they rather have you deal with your dealer directly.
In my case since I bought mine directly from them I have no other option.

He normally prefers to be contacted by his qq account but even with that he is hard to reach.
He is not the CEO of Alibaba.

I am managing an investment fund with a kid and a pregnant wife so I am certainly busy. But whenever a client ask me something, I answer withim the day and with clear facts...

Dec 3, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #2,863 of 4,766
@Jalo
, in Setup > Play settings, is there a gain adjustment other than "DSD gain"? We all have that.

Yes I have a "Digital Gain" and I can choose between normal and +6db.

Also, in "DSD Gain" I have five options to choose from, "-12 db, -6 db, 0 db, +6 db, +12 db" Do you have that also?

Dec 3, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #2,864 of 4,766

Impressive. Thanks.

With all due respect to Lotoo promoting the Diana as something special and new, I am quite sure that this is just a firmware difference. They should make it available to everyone who paid $1600-$2000 for their PAW Gold.

Dec 3, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #2,865 of 4,766

Impressive. Thanks.

With all due respect to Lotoo promoting the Diana as something special and new, I am quite sure that this is just a firmware difference. They should make it available to everyone who paid $1600-$2000 for their PAW Gold.

Yes, this is just software so they shall release the firmware to everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back