Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Dec 3, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #2,866 of 4,766
Impressive. Thanks.

With all due respect to Lotoo promoting the Diana as something special and new, I am quite sure that this is just a firmware difference. They should make it available to everyone who paid $1600-$2000 for their PAW Gold.
When I enquired to Lotoo about the Diana (the same unhelpful aforementioned person) he said : talk to evolution of sound.

Dec 3, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #2,867 of 4,766
When I enquired to Lotoo about the Diana (the same unhelpful aforementioned person) he said : talk to evolution of sound.

Nice. Although I suppose they may have entered into a deal to have exclusivity on the firmware.

And when @Jalo gets access to a firmware update, he can share it.  
biggrin.gif

Meanwhile I will visit Jaben where I bought mine. I seriously doubt that they can help but it cannot hurt to ask. I am also intrigued by this new leather pouch...

Dec 3, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #2,869 of 4,766
Impressive. Thanks.

With all due respect to Lotoo promoting the Diana as something special and new, I am quite sure that this is just a firmware difference. They should make it available to everyone who paid $1600-$2000 for their PAW Gold.

Yes, I wish you guys all have access to this version of the firmware or at least offer to pay to upgrade to it. But I think Lotoo probably has an exclusive agreement with Sound Evolution and is out of the control.

3 am in the morning and I am listening to my Diana and Vega and writing on Headfi. I have been listening to the Vega through my 380cu since I have it but now it's like listening to a new phone, no it's like listening in vivo reminding me my experience in an intimate jazz club in Beijing. The harmonics of the cello and the piano is heart wrenching. I am connected to the voice of the female vocalist and absorbing it all. It is partially the Vega, but the power of the LPG has turned it into a totally crazy animal. Behind each note there seems to have unlimited power carrying me away into that timeless dimension. I can feel the shrivering with the vocalist. This is what I want the Diana to do to me and she has done it.

Dec 3, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #2,872 of 4,766
Not a biggie, but I noticed album art looks god awful on the Paw Gold, when it actually shows up that is. 

It looks like the left hand side and bottom are slightly trimmed off. It's also incredibly low resolution, but I imagine that's just a limitation of the screen?

All of my album art is embedded with most being about 500 x 500 pixels, however I'd say only 3 in 10 show up.

Is this an issue everyone has or just my unit?

Dec 3, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #2,873 of 4,766
I'm not sure that the Diana edition is more 'premium' or ideal for more headphones.  It's optimized for use with the Diana and to a lesser extent, Abyss JPS headphones (should probably be called JPS edition).  So if you're not using JPS phones, it may be LESS suitable for your headphones?  Like, will adding 6 gain help you in any way?

Dec 3, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #2,874 of 4,766
Dec 3, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #2,875 of 4,766
Not a biggie, but I noticed album art looks god awful on the Paw Gold, when it actually shows up that is. 

It looks like the left hand side and bottom are slightly trimmed off. It's also incredibly low resolution, but I imagine that's just a limitation of the screen?

All of my album art is embedded with most being about 500 x 500 pixels, however I'd say only 3 in 10 show up.

I have not even seen one show up on mine.

Dec 3, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #2,876 of 4,766
Dec 3, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #2,877 of 4,766

Yes, I’ve had to reduce the resolution and size in previous files, often going through multiple jpeg renderings and tags before it shows.  On newly ripped files I haven’t had any trouble.  I’m always surprised whenever an image if formatted properly on either Lotoo PAW Gold or Lotoo Paw 5000.

Perhaps PAW stands for Pictures Awfully Wonky.

Make sure to update your media library as sometimes images only appear after that.

Dec 3, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #2,879 of 4,766

That is the norm. If you are getting three in ten, you are doing better than me.  :)

It is not a great album art DAP...

Dec 3, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #2,880 of 4,766
I'm not sure that the Diana edition is more 'premium' or ideal for more headphones.  It's optimized for use with the Diana and to a lesser extent, Abyss JPS headphones (should probably be called JPS edition).  So if you're not using JPS phones, it may be LESS suitable for your headphones?  Like, will adding 6 gain help you in any way?

Mulder, in private email, Joe told me that the Diana Edition is not specifically tuned for the Abyss or the Diana. It is retuned to drive many fullsize headphones well however. It drives my HD800 to desktop level for instance. Also my Vega can use all the power I throw at it. I think +6 db makes a difference in headroom. It is not about the volume that makes it different. If it is specifically tuned for the abyss or the Diana, it will require tuning the frequency range to fit the abyss/Diana sq. I think the tuning is more for the voltage and power output. It is in that sense that it is special particularly with phones that need power to shine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back