Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Jun 20, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #2,237 of 4,765
Thanks for your reply. I was bit concerned about the hiss therefore held back... just waiting for it to hit stores so I can demo it and compare with other similar priced IEMs...

Quote:
  Alvinmate,

Andromeda pairs very well with the LPG, smidge of hiss on low gain. This is my first TOTL DAP/IEM combo so it blows everything I had previously away. Sorry to be of so little help!

Jun 20, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #2,239 of 4,765
The only reason I arrived at this combo is the helpful and knowledgeable advice received from those like Twister6. Thanks to all on HF that have helped me along the way.

Now it's a good time to lock your wallet and forget Head-fi login so you never tempted to come back and spend more money
biggrin.gif

Jun 20, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #2,241 of 4,765
I hear you loud and clear- better stop cable shopping- mmuuusst rreeesiiist

With Andromeda it's easy, Ken's original Litz SPC cable rocks, and I would keep it as is 
wink.gif

Jul 2, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #2,249 of 4,765
@cooperpwc What does that do?

You can import it to your PAW Gold as one of the user defined PMEQ settings. (You can then rename that setting LOTOO if you like; that looks good on the main screen.)

This setting slightly re-balance the treble and mids:
+2.2dB at 1900Hz with a Q of 0.6
-1.4dB at 5500Hz with a Q of 1.0

It essentially leaves the dynamics of percussion and bass undisturbed, preserving the PAW Gold's wonderful sound signature. What it does is fill in the mids which can seem a bit recessed. The result brings that "lost in the music" quality IMO.

Jul 5, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #2,250 of 4,765
  I missed it when I sold it but the bling gold really put me off, but I'm now back again with the limited Grey edition, my good friend is back to stay!

Where can I purchase the limited grey edition? The original LPG seems to be elusive as well. A distributor in Portland, OR doesn't list them on their website anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back