Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Jul 10, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #2,266 of 4,765
I concur with twister and I like my Gold with Green
gs1000.gif

Jul 11, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #2,270 of 4,765
Add me to the list of those that like it gold. In my case, no case. Just stacked with the NXT-2AK.

I am pondering this 'change wheel' service and at this point I do not think that I want it. 

Jul 11, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #2,271 of 4,765
  Add me to the list of those that like it gold. In my case, no case. Just stacked with the NXT-2AK.

I am pondering this 'change wheel' service and at this point I do not think that I want it. 

Throw it in the bin unless you are  Ramses 
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #2,275 of 4,765
@cooperpwc why amp the LPG?

It is not an amp. It is an isolation transformer. There is no battery. It can be paired with any DAP but the effect will differ and won't necessarily be a positive. It reduced bass impact with the M - which I did not like - although it was otherwise a net benefit for clarity in the sound stage. It depends on the IEMs too.

To rehash some of my previous comments in other posts:
The LPG has so much power that it drives my IEMs through the NXT-2AK well. I find that adding the NXT-2AK produces layering and dimensionality in the sound stage. Mostly, the treble separates and the layering extends, while the bass loses some bloom but stays deep and slamming with better definition.

Again this is all relative. The PAW Gold does sound great on its own: fast, dynamic and lots of good bass. Some might prefer the thicker, perhaps 'tubier' sound au naturel.

One warning: other than my diving weights, the NXT-2AK is the densest thing that I own. It is tiny but it is heavy.

Jul 14, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #2,276 of 4,765
Heard the zx2 with plus 5. Wow is all I can say. I'd love to compare the LPG and zx2 with P5.

​Also really curious as to how the LPG compares to the ZX2.
Totally would have sprung for the LPG first if it wasn't for the ZX2's all too convenient ability to stream tidal/Spotify haha.

Btw, has anyone here ever tried the LPG with the Mass Kobo 404 amp?
I'm really tempted to get that combo for my incoming SE5 Ult, or maybe that is overkill? xD

Jul 14, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #2,277 of 4,765
​Also really curious as to how the LPG compares to the ZX2.
Totally would have sprung for the LPG first if it wasn't for the ZX2's all too convenient ability to stream tidal/Spotify haha.

Btw, has anyone here ever tried the LPG with the Mass Kobo 404 amp?
I'm really tempted to get that combo for my incoming SE5 Ult, or maybe that is overkill? xD
The LPG is more powerful and it shows. No amp is need for the ultimate. Sounds beautiful as is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back