Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
May 27, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #2,206 of 4,765
Hmmmm I always thought that LPG was never a mass produced product and considered a niche item...and hence the stock is always low or out of stock at most retail outlets....

Possibly a new flagship is around the corner...:D

The bigger question here, has LPG been discontinued completely or what's going on?  I haven't been able to get in touch with my Lotoo contacts/reps, Dignis decided not to make any more cases, their official US Amazon store/seller no longer lists any new units, and even Ken dumped it from ALO website.  If you ask me, and it's just my guess, I think they are done with a current model production and perhaps ready to surprise us with <wishful thinking> something new </wishful thinking> ?

There was a "special edition" LPG mentioned some time ago on a website, but what's telling is the current price on Amazon for a new Lotoo Paw Gold: $5,535.53.

It's a trick they use on Amazon, raising the price when stock is low or all gone since nobody in their right mind would buy it at 2.5x the price :wink:
:D

May 28, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #2,208 of 4,765
If you are choosing your DAP based on a jitter spec or some other measurements which don't involve the actual listening with high res files and TOTL high res monitors, then go by the numbers :wink:   Of course my opinion is subjective and based purely on my ears and extended review experience of products sent to me by manufacturer for testing and comparison.  BB is legendary, no doubt about it, but you have both LPG and X5ii rocking 1792 and one is summit-fi while the other one is mid-fi.  The same dac with a quite different dap performance because of amplifier stage, analog/digital circuit partitioning, power filtering, layout, and selection of other components.  I love both of these DAPs, and if anybody noticed - I keep flipping them in my sig, fighting for the top spot.  Or, and if we are talking about best BB implementation, Micro iDSD beats them all :wink:

The bigger question here, has LPG been discontinued completely or what's going on?  I haven't been able to get in touch with my Lotoo contacts/reps, Dignis decided not to make any more cases, their official US Amazon store/seller no longer lists any new units, and even Ken dumped it from ALO website.  If you ask me, and it's just my guess, I think they are done with a current model production and perhaps ready to surprise us with <wishful thinking> something new </wishful thinking> ?
I will go to their office this week in Beijing to check my LPG and let you know if they still exist :D

May 28, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #2,209 of 4,765
Hi, from what I know the Paw Gold is not discontinued, in fact there's a new colour buttons version wich I've been able to get (I think that it's one of the first ones). They don't have a huge stock like other companies, so they are producing in batch, to ensure the best quality.

Here's a photo of my unit, now the buttons are gun metal. With the red Dignis case it looks awesome:

Also yes, a new high-end portable headphone amplifier to pair with the Paw is coming, it will have enough power to drive the HD800, so it will be quite interesting I think :)

May 28, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #2,211 of 4,765
Hi, from what I know the Paw Gold is not discontinued, in fact there's a new colour buttons version wich I've been able to get (I think that it's one of the first ones). They don't have a huge stock like other companies, so they are producing in batch, to ensure the best quality.

Here's a photo of my unit, now the buttons are gun metal. With the red Dignis case it looks awesome:

Also yes, a new high-end portable headphone amplifier to pair with the Paw is coming, it will have enough power to drive the HD800, so it will be quite interesting I think :)
is Lotoo Paw Black?:)))new amp great:) but for driving the HD800? the amp of LPG drives it very well..

May 28, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #2,212 of 4,765
is Lotoo Paw Black?
smily_headphones1.gif
))new amp great:) but for driving the HD800? the amp of LPG drives it very well..

Yes, it is the new Lotoo Paw version with "gun metal" buttons (menu and volume knob) instead of gold, otherwise the rest is the same.

I think that the Lotoo Paw Gold drives quite nice the HD800 in high gain for being a DAP, but with a bit more power like the new portable amp will have they would sound even better.

Anyway I'm currently using the new HD800 "S" and I'm impressed with the sound connected to the Paw Gold.

May 29, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #2,216 of 4,765
Gun metal version looks great as well....good to know Lotoo decided to produce different colour as many were not comfortable with gold accents on the player so now they have options....Also wondering if its going to be called Lotoo Paw Black??

May 30, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #2,217 of 4,765
I'm considering buying a LPG, and emailed Infomedia about the pictures above.   FYI:  Here's their response:

Hi,
    The new model is  (gun metal volume nob and button) is  new product for Europe.
The regular gold buttoned version of Paw Gold  are selling also.

诚挚祝福
kindest regards,

北京英夫美迪电子技术有限公司

Beijing Infomedia Electronic Technology Co.,Ltd

I emailed them back asking if the grey button will be sold to US customers, but I haven't gotten the response back yet.

Jun 1, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #2,218 of 4,765
I just went to the Infomedia (Lotoo) offices and workshop in Beijing. This is also where they OEM for Nagra. They are very nice people, I saw software programmers and engineers, all cool and helpful. I am not clear on everything they told me as my Chinese is not up to our when it comes to audio terms.

My objective was to have my Paw tested, to see if the hiss I have with some very sensitive iems is normal. Indeed it is, my Paw is 100% normal, it is just that the Zeus-R are quite sensitive, and that my ears are sensitive to hiss.

On the subject of the new color of the Paw, it will be for an upcoming massdrop edition.

Also they were curious about the Dignis case, had never seen one and found it very cool.

Jun 1, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #2,219 of 4,765
Thank you sir!

Anyone remember what the MD price was off hand?

Jun 1, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #2,220 of 4,765
I just went to the Infomedia (Lotoo) offices and workshop in Beijing. This is also where they OEM for Nagra. They are very nice people, I saw software programmers and engineers, all cool and helpful. I am not clear on everything they told me as my Chinese is not up to our when it comes to audio terms.

My objective was to have my Paw tested, to see if the hiss I have with some very sensitive iems is normal. Indeed it is, my Paw is 100% normal, it is just that the Zeus-R are quite sensitive, and that my ears are sensitive to hiss.

On the subject of the new color of the Paw, it will be for an upcoming massdrop edition

Also they were curious about the Dignis case, had never seen one and found it very cool.

Did they mentioned anything about the amp they are working on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back