Introducing Lawton Audio-- Denon Mods, Re-Cables, Woodies & More.
Feb 7, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #106 of 279
Les, it's hard to say without having it in-hand, but it's likely the little Chinese hands that likely assembled your pair are not exactly experts or master craftsmen.

Feb 7, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #107 of 279
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Les, it's hard to say without having it in-hand, but it's likely the little Chinese hands that likely assembled your pair are not exactly experts or master craftsmen.

Hi,
You've handles a lot of these, have you seen twists? I thought i had read that somewhere? Also, the cables on my DX1000 look the same, have you noticed that also?

Feb 7, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #108 of 279
I haven't noticed any blatantly horribly mis-wired Denons that I can recall, although I wouldn't necessarily be utterly surprised to see it.

Not sure what you are saying about the DX1000.

Feb 8, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #109 of 279
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't noticed any blatantly horribly mis-wired Denons that I can recall, although I wouldn't necessarily be utterly surprised to see it.

Not sure what you are saying about the DX1000.

Hi, re-reading it I do see the confusion. The DX1000 looks like the cable is about Identical to the D5000, like they got it from the same manufacturer.

Feb 8, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #110 of 279
Sometimes a cable can get twisted when the plug is passed by accident through the y-split of the cables joining the ear cups. You can try passing the plug and cable through the y-split and if it improves great (and try again if better but not fixed, if it gets worse then try passing it through the other way. Write down the number of times you pass it through the y-loop, in case you have to reverse what you've done.

Feb 8, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #111 of 279
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sometimes a cable can get twisted when the plug is passed by accident through the y-split of the cables joining the ear cups. You can try passing the plug and cable through the y-split and if it improves great (and try again if better but not fixed, if it gets worse then try passing it through the other way. Write down the number of times you pass it through the y-loop, in case you have to reverse what you've done.

Hi,
Yeah it was tangled right out the box. I've been passing the jack back and forth thru the Y till I got freakin' Vertigo. Moral of the story, seems only way to fix it is to recable. I've got Jena Ultra for the Job. Thing was, after I got it I thought this ain't a bad cable and have put off recabling, but after time, the twists are getting on my last nerve!

Feb 8, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #113 of 279
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
les_garten if you do the re-cable and want to sell the old D5000 cable shoot me a PM. Thanks.

I may re-purpose it after it is straightened out. But I'll keep you in mind.

Feb 15, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #114 of 279
[size=medium]LA7000 Demo Unit-- African Sepele Mahogany + Nylon Sheath[/size]

This wood has a beauty that just doesn't photograph. You can't see the intricate latticework of grain, the fine ribbons of colors that shift cat's-eye style as you change viewing angles. The latest blanks we got for the African Sepele Mahogany are simply insane. We only have enough of this wood to make two more pairs, and we are saving them for LA7000s. We are having a hard time sourcing this wood in the size we need, which is a crying shame. If you want to claim a pair with the remaining blanks, better order soon.
evil_smiley.gif

v4mahoganybedye3.jpg

mahoganyla7000pl4.jpg

mahoganyla700hangingvt3.jpg

nylonsheathwidekp2.jpg

nylonsheathqd9.jpg

The nylon sheath is optional and runs $8 per foot.

[size=medium]New Wood Type-- Red Cedar[/size]
here's the prototype, what do you guys think? This is the lightest weight wood we've used so far, very vibrant, rich, lush sound, tube-like.

redcedarbedqw2.jpg

Feb 18, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #118 of 279
A shame that fantastic Mahogany is reserved for LA7000, I would have loved it for the LA2000 you will be building for me

Feb 19, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #120 of 279
Well.. except that page covers the D5000 but I got the Sheaok cups for my D2000 .. and the D2000 cup isn't just a simple matter of unscrewing those 'little round screws'. Because I did that but the cups and the driver assembly seem fused together
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back