Introducing Head-Fi Classifieds!
Dec 14, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #256 of 449
Thank you for your feedback. When we launched Head-Fi Classifieds, the Gear For Sale and Trade section of the forums was closed down and the data was merged into Head-Fi Classifieds. We're continually working to improve the functionality on the site, so are there any features you're specifically looking for in Head-Fi Classifieds that was previously available in Gear For Sale and Trade?

With regards to search results, we performed a few updates overnight and our search index is in the process of getting back up to speed after the changes. While that process is taking place, search results across the site - including in Head-Fi Classifieds - may return fewer results than normal. Search results within Head-Fi Classifieds will be back to normal soon.

Feb 1, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #257 of 449
With the new classified system - is it possible to search for a keyword amongst open listing only? When I search I tend to get a whole slew of closed listings which is...not useful. I can't seem to figure out how to match the filters with a search term. Help!

Feb 1, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #258 of 449
With the new classified system - is it possible to search for a keyword amongst open listing only? When I search I tend to get a whole slew of closed listings which is...not useful. I can't seem to figure out how to match the filters with a search term. Help!
Hey dbalvo,

Thank you for reaching out. At the moment it's not possible to search and apply the listing status filter simultaneously, but we're happy to share your feedback with our team and see if it's something we can incorporate in a future update. In the meantime, we invite you to check out the advanced search tool via the navigation search box or directly by clicking here. Advanced search allows for more granular search results within Head-Fi Classifieds.

Feb 1, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #259 of 449
Thank you for reaching out. At the moment it's not possible to search and apply the listing status filter simultaneously, but we're happy to share your feedback with our team and see if it's something we can incorporate in a future update. In the meantime, we invite you to check out the advanced search tool via the navigation search box or directly by clicking here. Advanced search allows for more granular search results within Head-Fi Classifieds.
Thanks AxelCloris - appreciate the fast response. I would argue that being able to search for open listing for a particular piece of gear is pretty core functionality. What is here feels like the equivalent of craigslist except when you search you predominantly get expired listing (and can't even know that until you click through them.) So to me at least feels like the core scenario I want from a classified product. And I believe the old solution did support this.

Also, did look at the advanced search system. But even that can't search on open/closed status (seems to have every other field.) If there's a way to use advanced search to allow me to search for something like 'Open listing for HD650' or what have you please tell me how!

Anyway, thanks for your consideration. Here's hoping this is possible in a future update!

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2022 at 1:11 AM Post #260 of 449

With DevBrada, its possible to hide the sold listings in Head-fi classifieds, when doing keyword search.
https://devbrada.com/classifieds/

1643782275205.png

Jul 26, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #262 of 449
As a person who has never sold in the forum (yet) I have a couple of questions. If I have no feedback (yet) what is the best way to assure buyers that I am legitimate? Second, if I have some items that are 'new in the box' do I need to open the box, take the item out, and photograph it to demonstrate that the item is real?

Jul 26, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #263 of 449
Many Head-Fi'ers have found success selling their first items on Head-Fi Classifieds by following the Classified Rules & Guidelines and keeping our Scam Warnings in mind. These links are always readily available at the top of every Head-Fi Classifieds category. Going against the guidelines by using unsecured payment methods or shipping to unverified addresses are often red flags for buyers and sellers alike. New sellers sometimes link to other sites where they have positive feedback, such as their ebay selling history. Note that we only allow links to ebay in Head-Fi Classifieds for feedback purposes, not for linking to active sales on ebay.

Whether or not you open a box to show the contents is up to you as a seller, but doing so should be disclosed in the listing. Most will consider opened items to be Like New rather than New in Box.

Jul 28, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #264 of 449
Is it possible to leave feedback for a member without having sold the item or closed the listing? I have someone who is completely ghosting me after having agreed to a purchase.

Jan 11, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #267 of 449
I'm really late to the party, but as someone who sold regularly under the old classifieds, and have yet to sell on the new boards, did my feedback make it to the new system? I have some high dollar phones I will list shortly.

Thanks for your help!

Jan 12, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #270 of 449
Given the number of new Head-Fi Classifieds listings that are created on a daily basis, it is not feasible for the moderators to manually approve or review each listing. While we're quite clear with payment requirements in our Head-Fi Classifieds Rules & Guidelines and at the top of every Head-Fi Classifieds category, some sellers choose to ignore our payment requirements in their listings. If you see listings that are requesting payment via unprotected payment methods like PayPal Friends and Family (F&F), Venmo, bank transfer, wire, etc, we ask that you please report those listings for the moderators to review. If any corrections are required, the moderators will reach out to the listing's creator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back