Introducing CL2 Planar
Aug 26, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #62 of 133
I'd certainly love to hear these ithey go on tour.

Aug 28, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #64 of 133
Not without an adapter - sorry. When we started developing the Dacamp, then the CL1 alongside it, the standard amongst balanced connections was still a contested issue. However, when time came to make a decision on CL2's connections, 2.5mm was generally considered to have come out on top.
On the subject - though the CL2 does sound great through an amplifier, it has an impedance of 15Ω (compared to the CL1's 150Ω (piezo drivers are v. hungry)), so can be driven without.

any idea where i can find such an adapter ? (2,5 balanced female to the RHA L1 balanced input ? ) I've always been frustrated not to be able to use the balanced input of the L1, and as you mentioned, the CL1 is out of stock unfortunately.

Aug 28, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #65 of 133
any idea where i can find such an adapter ? (2,5 balanced female to the RHA L1 balanced input ? ) I've always been frustrated not to be able to use the balanced input of the L1, and as you mentioned, the CL1 is out of stock unfortunately.
You can easily go for a custom made adapter. It is not that expensive (mine costs about 50€/though it is the other way around to connect the balanced cable from the CL 1 to single ended sources together with my Xelentos - cause the cable really sounds that good) and was made by Custom Cans UK.
But you need to contact them with this interest, because there is no example on their homepage.
CE99637B-F163-4545-8A4B-DC3765730695.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #66 of 133
ghxbkjty.jpg

Hi Head-Fi!

We're very excited to announce the next installment in the CL Series; the CL2 Planar.

It's a closed-back in-ear headphone that features a planar magnetic driver at its core.

mj5wnsr3.jpg

The housings are moulded from zirconium dioxide, a ceramic compound; they're detachable and use MMCX connections.

7y8geijc.jpg
bjt0ywjt.jpg
heob1exr.jpg

We've made it - and shipped it - with a range of cables, including a Bluetooth wireless neckband, and balanced 2.5mm cable.

xut4q5yl.jpg

MSRP: £799.95 / $899.95

More info here; ask away below! We'll be arranging a listening tour shortly.​
How do these compare to shure se846? I am looking into preordering these, and am trying to decide between these and the shures. How does the bass compare to shure low pass filter?
Thanks for any info you can toss my way.

Aug 29, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #67 of 133
How do these compare to shure se846? I am looking into preordering these, and am trying to decide between these and the shures. How does the bass compare to shure low pass filter?
Thanks for any info you can toss my way.

Nobody really knows yet as I don’t think anybody has tried them

Aug 29, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #68 of 133
Nobody really knows yet as I don’t think anybody has tried them
Thanks for the reply. I read they are debuting them at the music show in Germany in a few days, guess I'll wait till people start writing about it from the show.
I can't wait to learn more about these.
But I am definitely leaning towards the planars.
Here is to hoping the hype is real.

Sep 2, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #70 of 133
I was about to place an order on these, but RHA just ignores their customer messages. Not a good signal at all. Gonna wait a little longer or pull the trigger on the new Z1R.

Sep 2, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #71 of 133
I was about to place an order on these, but RHA just ignores their customer messages. Not a good signal at all. Gonna wait a little longer or pull the trigger on the new Z1R.
I cant get any info on these at all.
Now I am about to buy campfire vega's.
Currently I have 0 iems, and need to order something Monday.
The planars look good, but 0 info on sound quality and signature out there.

Sep 2, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #73 of 133
I cant get any info on these at all.
Now I am about to buy campfire vega's.
Currently I have 0 iems, and need to order something Monday.
The planars look good, but 0 info on sound quality and signature out there.

To be fair they aren't released yet so there will be no info available on sound etc. I think they may have been demoed at a show in Berlin but if nobody from Head-fi was present then info will still be thin on the ground.

I'm no RHA fanboy, never heard or owned any of their products but I am very tempted by these and hope to get on the review tour, if not I'll probably order when some initial impressions start to come in.

Sep 2, 2018 at 2:49 AM Post #74 of 133
Campfire Audio support, on the other hand, is flawless and as a Vega owner, it will put a smile on your face :)
I am ordering them 1st thing in the morning.
Might pick up the planar cl2 later. Provided reviews are good.
I am stoked for the Vegas, need that extra motivation at the gym :).
War drums here I come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back