Introducing CL2 Planar
Aug 23, 2018 at 4:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 133
ghxbkjty.jpg

Hi Head-Fi!

We're very excited to announce the next installment in the CL Series; the CL2 Planar.

It's a closed-back in-ear headphone that features a planar magnetic driver at its core.

mj5wnsr3.jpg

The housings are moulded from zirconium dioxide, a ceramic compound; they're detachable and use MMCX connections.

7y8geijc.jpg
bjt0ywjt.jpg
heob1exr.jpg

We've made it - and shipped it - with a range of cables, including a Bluetooth wireless neckband, and balanced 2.5mm cable.

xut4q5yl.jpg

MSRP: £799.95 / $899.95

More info here; ask away below! We'll be arranging a listening tour shortly.

UPDATE:​
Europe review tour: (link)
Asia review tour: (link)
North America review tour: (link)

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2018 at 4:54 AM Post #2 of 133
Those look really interesting! And very nice to see innovation at a price point that does not require selling kidneys. Looking forward to learning more about these and hopefully finding a way to demo them.

Aug 23, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #3 of 133
Loving the look, and the fact it comes with all three cable options.

Any hints as to what sort of tuning you guys are shooting for with this model? Would love to hear "that planar bass" in an IEM... :wink:

Aug 23, 2018 at 5:19 AM Post #4 of 133

Any hints as to what sort of tuning you guys are shooting for with this model? Would love to hear "that planar bass" in an IEM... :wink:
Very curious about that as well.

Considering how much I love classical music, this certainly peaks my interest:
"This is particularly important for more complex, detailed music that moves across the dynamic range; using treble and harmonics alongside deep bass."

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #5 of 133

Thanks!

One of the main inspirations for the CL2 was the 'planar sound' that our product dev team are fans of; the synthesis of this headphone was asking how we could get that into an IEM. There's a plenty of balance; with planar you expect harmonic definition; but pick the right track and there's bass you can feel in your throat (in a good way) - we'll post some of our testing playlist in a few days.

Obviously you'll need to listen to judge! Details on that coming soon; and the CL2 will very much be at RMAF.

Colum

Aug 23, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #6 of 133
Wow, what a nice surprise to see these (imo) beauties appear out of the blue. Thanks to Mr. (I noticed they call you Mr. these days :wink:) @Wyville for sharing the link in another thread.

These might be very interesting for me as well as an upgrade / replacement for my current IT03's in the future.
I'm also intrigued by the fact that it comes with different (signature) cables.

I've had the planar LCD-2 in the past and really liked its signature (especially rumbling lows), so would love to hear these sometimes.
If there's gonna be a (European) tour I would certainly like to sign up.

Looking forward to the first sq and signature impressions :thinking:

Aug 23, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #8 of 133
Would be great to see some measurements, I hope they are neutral/well balanced

Aug 23, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #9 of 133
Aug 23, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #10 of 133
so curious as audeze isine sound only good with eq

wonder if cl2 needs eq as well to sound good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back