Introducing CL2 Planar
Aug 23, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #16 of 133
Look great.
Not the best time to sell when you have the new mee planamic.
But the real question is :
When we are going to see mmcx in other models?
Your awesome warranty cover defacts.
But still how hard is it to add mmcx plug? 15$ in ear have it, so why won't you?

Aug 23, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #17 of 133
dayyamm! :astonished: We're at the point of in-ear planar with fit and sound isolation? Call me intrigued. We're definitely moving forward!

Is there a vent opening on this thing? Is it well sound isolated? That's a qualm I had about the iSines.

Sign me up for the tour!!

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #18 of 133
2.5 balanced plug...means I can no longer use my DACAMP L1's mini 4-pin balanced output...

Aug 23, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #19 of 133
Very interesting... subed !

Aug 23, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #20 of 133
Sounds like a good one - would love to be considered for the tour.

Aug 23, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #21 of 133
These are a definite ‘must hear’ for me!

Aug 23, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #23 of 133
Seems to be going against the AKG N5005, both just under $1K and coming with a 3.5, 2.5 and BT cable. Pretty much same over ear MMCX housing. Only difference is Planar vs Quad BA + 1 DD.

AKG in its own right has a pretty unique housing, while this RHA housing is pretty similar to a lot of ChiFi offerings in the past. Interested to see how this turns out, way out of my budget

Aug 23, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #24 of 133
I would like to participate in sound tour please :)

Aug 23, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #26 of 133
dayyamm! :astonished: We're at the point of in-ear planar with fit and sound isolation? Call me intrigued. We're definitely moving forward!

Is there a vent opening on this thing? Is it well sound isolated? That's a qualm I had about the iSines.

Sign me up for the tour!!

Yeah, that’s the only issue I have with my Xelento and the main reason I don’t use my iSine 20 very often. If these are fully sealed with good isolation, it’ll make them a definite must-try for me.

Aug 23, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #27 of 133
Not much point in using IEMs if they don’t isolate...

Aug 23, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #28 of 133
For practical purpose yes. Although I find isolation is the primary importance, and something that has me thinking is that iSines still has certain advantage like portability (over full-sized) and light-ness and not as much sound leakage as full-sized open ones. I've actually used iSines in the office (it's not loud as full-sized open and probably had a more tolerating coworker), but wouldn't recommend it in a quieter environment like a library or similar.

If it's fully isolated of course there are no worries of annoyed coworker or leaking your Britany Spears in the crowd! And also noise isolation is of primary importance as well. This is why passive isolation works so well for practical purposes.

All this considered, I myself would want more (isolation, etc..). A planar iem was the first step, and now, we have sound isolation with planars. Also the fit (which is an important criteria as well). It looks like a much more ergonomic fit than the iSines (people had issues with the hooks, and it was quite bulky).

Most importantly, I hope it sounds good. :smile_phones:

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #29 of 133
This is an exciting new product!
If there is a listening tour or something similar I would love to review these for fellow HF'ers.
Please keep us posted on listening opportunities

Aug 23, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #30 of 133

That’s not entirely true.... the Xelento do reduce background noise significantly, just not as well as Westones or Etys. The Audeze iSines, on the other hand, have very little isolation, but very spectacular sound and they stay in my work bag for when I’m doing work in a private lab. I want good music, but it’s also good to be able to hear when people come in. Admittedly, my iSines get a lot less use than the Xelento, but I’d be hard pressed to tell you which I enjoy more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back