Introducing CL2 Planar
Sep 7, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #107 of 133
I've pre-ordered, will be interesting to see how they fare against my AKG N5005. Same price, similar look to body shape, similar cables and bluetooth functions. The N5005 s a stellar earphone.

Sep 7, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #108 of 133
I've pre-ordered, will be interesting to see how they fare against my AKG N5005. Same price, similar look to body shape, similar cables and bluetooth functions. The N5005 s a stellar earphone.

Your impressions will very probably make me buy or not buy the CL2 :p

Sep 7, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #110 of 133
Your impressions will very probably make me buy or not buy the CL2 :p

I don't really expect the CL2 to surpass the N5005, the N5005 is really something quite special to my ears. Allowed me to sell my Noble K10. What I'm expecting (hopefully) is a similar level of quality but with a different sound signature.

Sep 7, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #111 of 133
Sep 7, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #112 of 133
Interesting to note the similarity in release timing and tech, but RHA don't strike me as the kind of company to hike prices for the sake of it *cough*cHiFiMAN*cough*

Sep 7, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #113 of 133
I don't really expect the CL2 to surpass the N5005, the N5005 is really something quite special to my ears. Allowed me to sell my Noble K10. What I'm expecting (hopefully) is a similar level of quality but with a different sound signature.

I didn't think the N5005 was that good, thought it was good but not selling K10 good, curious to know what the CL2 holds anyway :)

Sep 8, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #114 of 133
Wondering whether the CL2 requires a DAP. With the CL1 RHA explicitly said so.

Am not that good with reading specs. I asked RHA support about this and they answered:

"It is not necessary to use a Dacamp L1 with the CL2 Planar. However, if you do connect the Dacamp L1 via the cables provided this will only enhance the sound quality."

Anyone?

Sep 8, 2018 at 5:06 AM Post #115 of 133
Wondering whether the CL2 requires a DAP. With the CL1 RHA explicitly said so.
Am not that good with reading specs. I asked RHA support about this and they answered:
"It is not necessary to use a Dacamp L1 with the CL2 Planar. However, if you do connect the Dacamp L1 via the cables provided this will only enhance the sound quality."
Anyone?

I bet it does need a DAP, the quite low 89dB/mW sensitivity rating means you'll need decent power to drive the CL2 loud enough (most smartphone will need to be pushed at 80/90% volume probably) and the 15ohms impedance means you'll need good current and low output impedance as well. Not sure every smartphone will fit that bill, unless you have a LG V10/V20 or the likes.

My guess is, you won't get a great performance out of an average source.

Sep 8, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #117 of 133
Sounds plausible @davidmolliere ... Could you recommend a DAP, apart from RHA's model, that would be well suited for iPhones and the CL2?

Looks like you're looking for an external DAC/amp if you want to use with the iPhone, I have lost touch with that kind of gear as I have tried stacked phone + DAC/amp but it never quite agreed with me... This being said, you can't go wrong with Chord Mojo (I own one) if you can accomodate the form factor (thicker and smaller than your phone) if not then something like iFi Audio xDSD might do it for you. There are others less bulky but not in the same league Oppo HA-2 or FiiO Q5.

Sep 8, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #118 of 133
I’ll be using the Q5 with my iPhone and assuming it will have the power to drive these.

Sep 8, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #119 of 133
Hey when you guys get this, can you please do a comparison to the campfire andromeda, and vega.
I want to listen to these first hand after, but any input will be helpful.

Sep 10, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #120 of 133
@RHA Team - these CL2 still sound great without a DAP? Connected directly to a, say, iPhone? Or a DAP is a must?
The better the source, the better the sound BUT we've been using this at IFA with iPods and Neutron/my OnePlus 3T and Tidal and they run great so dedicated players are NOT *required* to run them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back