Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
Dec 5, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #1,682 of 3,158
SpinFit CP240 arrived today. So far they seem a better option than the Symbio. Bit more of a snug fit.

Sound wise - bass seems to hit a bit harder but with no loss of texture or detail, mids and highs seem wider, if that makes sense!
Need to listen to more tracks with them.
The Tennmak tips also arrived but not tried them yet.

Dec 6, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #1,684 of 3,158
With all the comments about the effects of different tips, I should really start to take a closer look at that side of the CL2.
How is the copper cable working for you?

Dec 6, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #1,685 of 3,158
How is the copper cable working for you?
Better now, very refined and natural. On a recent trip to Trieste I completely lost myself in a DSD album by Bill Evans with these cables on, that didn't happen for a long time. Sometimes music really is peace and transcendence when you're ready for it.

Dec 6, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #1,686 of 3,158
Better now, very refined and natural. On a recent trip to Trieste I completely lost myself in a DSD album by Bill Evans with these cables on, that didn't happen for a long time. Sometimes music really is peace and transcendence when you're ready for it.
I am going to be taking a trip to the Redwood Forests at the end of the month, going to be camping for a few days.
So excited about having the CL2 and getting out of LA for a few days. :)
And agreed, music is a spiritual experience, and these babies just get out of the way and leave you with the music in its purest state.
I am glad the cables worked out for you. A definite upgrade, makes these sound so natural in timbre, just beautiful :)

Dec 6, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #1,687 of 3,158
What album was it? I'd like to give it a listen please.

Dec 6, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #1,688 of 3,158
It's "Some other time - the Hilversum concert", a recording that was released in 2016 for the first time if I am not mistaken. You can get it on hdtracks.
It's not his finest album, as the rhythms are sometimes a bit stiff and the piano hasn't been recorded as well as the other instruments, but the atmosphere is great. It's not a perfect recording technically and I know Evans albums that are a better example for his capabilities, but there is something about it that really grips me. I really like the way the bass and drums sound, close, real and a bit raw.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #1,689 of 3,158
Just erily beautiful music. If you love classical that is. I have the 24/96 high res album. Stunning.

@AManAnd88Keys try some tennmak tips, and KZ star tips. I think you will enjoy them very much :)

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #1,692 of 3,158
@Kitechaser my tennmak tips have arrived, different styles, is it the red ones I’m trying?

Dec 6, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #1,693 of 3,158
Dec 6, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #1,694 of 3,158
They should be all the same right? Just different sizes and colors

Yep, sorry thought they were different types.

Here’s a thing though and it shows how different we all hear things.

I’ve spent the last couple of hours trying the KZ Startips (M & L) and the different sizes of the Tennmak.
To my ears they don’t sound very good, the KZ’s seem to lose all sense of bass response, sound becomes thin and narrow with no presence to the music.
The Tennmak tips don’t fare much better, a little fuller on the sound but still lacking bass compared to other tips, also loses detail in the mids and highs.

The SpinFit CP240 seem to be the tip for me. They really bring out a fullness and depth to the music, bass seems a little fuller and the highs don’t lose detail but don’t seem quite so bright on my ‘problem’ tracks.

Dec 6, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #1,695 of 3,158
They should be all the same right? Just different sizes and colors
Yup.

We're you saying that bill Evans was eerily beautiful music?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back