Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
Nov 27, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #1,486 of 3,158
The inanity of my post here is strong, however - welcome to the hundredth page of worship to this IEM!

Long may the worship continue!

Nov 27, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #1,487 of 3,158
After some more listening I think I may be more or less at end game for audio for now. In the last 9 months of my nursing degree so can’t really spend too much time experimenting for a while.

The WM1a/CL2 combo is really quite special - dare I say it but possibly the sweetest most musical thing I’ve heard. I still need to find the ideal tips though, pretty sure I can get better from tips, I might revisit some of the stock tips.

I must add though that the WM1a is taking everything to a new level for me, brief listening with my N5005 shows a big improvement and ensures they will stay in my rotation, my moonbud Nightshade earbuds sounds so smooth and lush with the Sony it is almost scary!!

In terms of the Sony I imagine there may be a new line imminent, the WM1a/z and the zx300 are gone from the UK site and the big price cut yesterday on amazon uk for the zx300 suggests they may have been trying to move stock on?!

I’m well chuffed with my purchase, £670 for what seems/looks like an unused unit seems great value.

Brief word on the CL2, I Hope RHA get the sales and recognition they deserve for what is by far the best earphone I’ve heard, simply stunning earphone.

Regarding talk of the WM1Z vs WM1A, I have heard of people talking about a K-Mod version of both of those. I can't remember the website, but they do custom modifications of those DAP's at varying levels and prices, but it seems from feedback I've read on Head-Fi that the modded WM1A is a match for the WM1Z (at a fraction of the price). Something to consider perhaps?
I daresay it would invalidate the warranty, but if you don't mind (or once it's expired anyway) it could be worth a look? :)

Nov 27, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #1,488 of 3,158
Regarding talk of the WM1Z vs WM1A, I have heard of people talking about a K-Mod version of both of those. I can't remember the website, but they do custom modifications of those DAP's at varying levels and prices, but it seems from feedback I've read on Head-Fi that the modded WM1A is a match for the WM1Z (at a fraction of the price). Something to consider perhaps?
I daresay it would invalidate the warranty, but if you don't mind (or once it's expired anyway) it could be worth a look? :)

Cheers for the info, might well look into that after 12 month amazon warranty has expired.

Nov 27, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #1,489 of 3,158
The tennmak tips are good, got them over the weekend. I think it's a push for me between those and the kz starlines. The problem I have with widebores like these is they tend to be shorter.... These are no exception. Wish they had a bit more sleeve length and they'd be ideal....
For me they push the CL2 flush into my ear. Turns them into quasi customs.
The isolation is incredible.
I put them in, and I am gone with my music.
I barely feel them at all, even after 8 plus hours of use.
YMMV obviously.
They are worth trying.

Nov 27, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #1,490 of 3,158
Nov 27, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #1,491 of 3,158
I got the tennmak from Aliexpress, me... took the usual long time to get them, and they're too small for my ears (in L)... but then again, I have large ear canals, so only a few selection of tips can actually provide a seal, lol - that's not unusual for me, unfortunately.

But if anybody here has habitually a similar problem in finding tips large enough to provide a seal, keep in mind that the tennmak might not be for you.

Nov 27, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #1,492 of 3,158
That's a good way of describing them.

They basically leave zero constriction between the nozzle and your ear drum and sit flush. It's just ear canal between the nozzle and ear drum. I just wish I could get them closer to my ear drum....

I also did notice the large is a bit smaller than I'm used to. But it still works for me.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #1,493 of 3,158
C860BBB0-A3EC-48E6-93D6-0E6C7AC0639D.jpeg

Nov 27, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #1,496 of 3,158
Congratulations guys and gils
100 pages anniversaire
Still loving my cl2, more mature more bold in other word more musical,
Like a finest old wine:beerchug:

Nov 27, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #1,497 of 3,158
Nov 27, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #1,498 of 3,158
Nov 27, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #1,499 of 3,158
They look to be identical to the kz whirlwinds....

KZ 3 Pairs L M S In Ear Tips Earbuds Headphones Silicone Eartips For KZ ED10 ED8m Universal Earbuds Ear Pads Free Shipping E89
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bdmg3fag

FYI, I had nothing to do with the Ali link I just posted, that's how it showed up....
I think they are the same

Nov 27, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #1,500 of 3,158
The clarity of these is amazing.

There's only been a few products I've had where it was like listening to my music for the first time again. It's what I've been chasing. I'm going to try to savor this and not ruin it for myself. This is what it's all about. When I bought my Andromeda and oppo pm-3, this is what I was hoping for.

These are the products I can think of that really did it for me:
JM Labs Cobalt 815 - 1999
Ety er4p - 2003-ish
RHA CL2 - 2018

It's been a long time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back