Introducing AAW X ADVANCED Accessport High Resolution Amplifier for smartphones with 10-unit GIVEAWAYS
Dec 7, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #91 of 241
First, Accessport is not just for iPhone 7's! As I understand it, anything with a lightning connector will work.

Second, I'll admit it... I backed it long ago and just now found out that ADV.SOUND (the creator) is AAW! D'uh... I feel much more comfortable that it'll be done right and with quality.

Thank you... and I sure wouldn't mind winning one that I'd have to give to my son the musician since I can't use two at once.

Dec 8, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #92 of 241
Just saw on massdrop a similar device by SMSL ... but boy, is the design bad, tacky ... can't describe, but feels just weird. Very much looking fwd to my Accessport when it then shall come some day :) 

Dec 16, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #100 of 241
Actually, I'm not going to want to stick anything onto my phone (e.g. one side of a Velcro piece), so a Velcro strap that can easily be wrapped around a phone or removed leaving no trace (or wrapped around a cable) makes MUCH more sense. Said strap could then be attached, or not, to your Accessport and then wrapped around a phone.

Dec 16, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #101 of 241
Actually, I'm not going to want to stick anything onto my phone (e.g. one side of a Velcro piece), so a Velcro strap that can easily be wrapped around a phone or removed leaving no trace (or wrapped around a cable) makes MUCH more sense. Said strap could then be attached, or not, to your Accessport and then wrapped around a phone.

I wouldn't stick anything to my phone / case either. That sounds ok at first, but what happens when you're not using it? You have a Velcro piece on the back of your sleek new iPhone 7. A clip could be handy, to hook to clothing/ loop around the cable, but I'd only include it IF it could be removed from the device. A strap could also work.

I'm most likely to leave it loose and unattached, and make sure it is sitting at the back of my iPhone so it doesn't scratch the screen while in my pocket.

Dec 16, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #102 of 241
Well straps around phone may not be that ideal as it will affect your operation on the screen. This is a tough decision. Maybe a sticker on your phone case is a good compromise, otherwise we gotta make proprietary phone case to holster Accessport
beerchug.gif

Dec 16, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #103 of 241
Back in the old days when I used to lug around a thick "portable" stack, I used these 3M strips. Had a strip permanently affixed to my phone case, which was fine since I always used those cheapo $4 silicone stuff and can always swap between a velcro'd one and a clean one.

Personally I don't see how a clip would be convenient, especially if you're clipping it to your pocket. I take my phone out often enough that I would stuff whatever dongle I have attached to my phone completely inside my pocket.

Dec 17, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #104 of 241
  Well straps around phone may not be that ideal as it will affect your operation on the screen. This is a tough decision. Maybe a sticker on your phone case is a good compromise, otherwise 

I realize there's no ideal solution short of a special case. but I don't know anyone who would stick a piece of velcro onto the back of their iphone... period.
A "strap" could be wrapped around the very top (covering the camera on the back) or very bottom (covering the home button) -- still not ideal, but better than gluing something on.

Another option (remember nothing is ideal) is to design the hardware to plug onto the bottom of the phone so that it "fits" up against the entire width of the phone somwhat like a dock, and then having the female lighting and 3.5mm jack on the other side (bottom) of it. Sure, far from ideal considering ipads and their cases, and on and on.

I think the bottom line is: you're going to have to make damn sure that the Accessport's cable is super tough to withstand a LOT of flex and motion. Maybe super short too, make the mic in it less useful unless your earphone has a mic.

(just thinkin' out loud knowing nothing is ideal)

Dec 19, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #105 of 241
the cable on the Accessport is very short, so we think it makes more sense to provide a velcro sticker so you can stick the accessport to the back of your phone/phone case.

I would see this device like a sort of "in-line volume control" like some IPhone headphones have, so the cable to the phone should be long enough and then I could clip it to my shirt. Is it not possible to use a longer USB cable to the phone? Velcro is not really a choice for most but the hard-core Head-fiers, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back