Introducing AAW X ADVANCED Accessport High Resolution Amplifier for smartphones with 10-unit GIVEAWAYS
Dec 19, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #106 of 241

the cable on the Accessport is very short, so we think it makes more sense to provide a velcro sticker so you can stick the accessport to the back of your phone/phone case.

I would see this device like a sort of "in-line volume control" like some IPhone headphones have, so the cable to the phone should be long enough and then I could clip it to my shirt. Is it not possible to use a longer USB cable to the phone? Velcro is not really a choice for most but the hard-core Head-fiers, I guess.

If that is your application, you probably want to check out our other project Capri. That is intended to be used in the way of your description

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/capri-audiophile-digital-earphone-with-hi-res-dac--2/x/15001183#/

Dec 19, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #107 of 241
Guess my post about the clip did encourage some opinions, good that AAW gets to hear all these feedback. Yes, I too would preter to clip it onto my shirt/bag strap/belt/pants to be used like an in-line volume control.

A proprietary case however, is not too feasible. I wouldn't want to have to give up my own case nor do I think it would be very comfortable holding something like that.

Dec 19, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #108 of 241
  If that is your application, you probably want to check out our other project Capri. That is intended to be used in the way of your description

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/capri-audiophile-digital-earphone-with-hi-res-dac--2/x/15001183#/

Thank you for the link, this looks really interesting! I guess the compromise is on sound quality, right? So the Accessport High Resolution Amplifier sounds better than the "capri"? How would you rate your both products compared to the Audioquest Dragonfly Red and Black?

I suggest that you offer a "capri" option finished with a 2.5mm jack, this will suit a much broader market and sell like hot cakes, provided they deliver sound quality. I know you defeat the "balanced" output with that, but as a option it would be nice.

For me it would not be a big deal to cut the cables and adapt it to my needs, but a finished product is always better. I will have to wait for the Android version, though.

Dec 19, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #109 of 241
I've always had a hard time really understanding the target market differentiation for the Capri usage vs the Accessport usage. They seem so so similar is use-case. I'd appreciate a bit more of an idea of that differentiation please.

Dec 19, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #110 of 241
  I've always had a hard time really understanding the target market differentiation for the Capri usage vs the Accessport usage. They seem so so similar is use-case. I'd appreciate a bit more of an idea of that differentiation please.

Biggest difference would be that Accessport allows you to charge your device and use the jack at the same time.

Dec 19, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #111 of 241
  Thank you for the link, this looks really interesting! I guess the compromise is on sound quality, right? So the Accessport High Resolution Amplifier sounds better than the "capri"? How would you rate your both products compared to the Audioquest Dragonfly Red and Black?

I suggest that you offer a "capri" option finished with a 2.5mm jack, this will suit a much broader market and sell like hot cakes, provided they deliver sound quality. I know you defeat the "balanced" output with that, but as a option it would be nice.

For me it would not be a big deal to cut the cables and adapt it to my needs, but a finished product is always better. I will have to wait for the Android version, though.

While Accessport is very portable. Capri is meant to be ultra-portable, by cutting out the charging function and integrate everything in an earphone cable form factor. You are virtually carrying no different item than the old 3.5mm jack setup. With the balanced signal output it is more specifically targeting ppl who already has detachable cable IEMs and this audience probably feel critical about the sound they hear too. 

Accessport on the other hand, aside from offering a good sound, it offers practical usage by allowing charging at the same time.It is aiming broader audience indeed. It is almost compatible with all earphones on the market, while Capri has limited options.

@cribeiro what iem you use? we have in-house modding service to handle plugs different than 2pin or mmcx
Apple has limitation on the design where you cannot put 2.5mm jacks, but only 3.5mm and it cannot be balanced signal setup. Also by using 3.5mm jack, it is not really the most smallest footprint solution. Therefore, we come up with the current design and we feel it best suits our ideology. Selling like hot cakes or not, we want our product to be distinctive from rest of the market function wise and be of value to fellow audiophiles:)

Dec 20, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #112 of 241
While Accessport is very portable. Capri is meant to be ultra-portable, by cutting out the charging function and integrate everything in an earphone cable form factor.
@cribeiro what iem you use? we have in-house modding service to handle plugs different than 2pin or mmcx

Thank you for the good explanation. With my current (Android) phone charging so fast and the Capri drawing so little current, I think it would not be an issue anymore.

Currently, I have the Hifiman RE-400 and I am very pleased with the sound, but I found out they need good amplification and they do not isolate as good as my old UE Super.fi 5pro. They sound way better, though, and my UE are broken anyway- pity, as they did have 2pin plugs. No detachable IEMs in the Hifiman, so I would need to cut and solder the cables.

I get your point about own design philosophy and product placement. You are really a young team, I just saw your photos! Nice work and bright future, keep it up!

Dec 20, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #114 of 241
@DrGraceW

Over in a Trinity Audio topic I was asking about Capri and/or Accessport to work with their new Master. I think supporting their new 3/8" connector might be worthwhile.

See http://www.head-fi.org/t/828234/trinity-audio-engineering-what-the-future-holds/630#post_13104135

For me, I see use cases for both Capri and Accessport... dang it.

Dec 21, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #115 of 241
@DrGraceW

Over in a Trinity Audio topic I was asking about Capri and/or Accessport to work with their new Master. I think supporting their new 3/8" connector might be worthwhile.

See http://www.head-fi.org/t/828234/trinity-audio-engineering-what-the-future-holds/630#post_13104135

For me, I see use cases for both Capri and Accessport... dang it.

If it is a 3/8 at the y-split position, it will be too much changes for Capri, tooling wise. Probably a full length cable with Accessport will be a better solution?

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #116 of 241

Thanks. WIth the Accessport, it's just plugging the 3.5mm jack into the Accessport directly ... no special cable or anything. Partly the joy of Bob's changes to not use a detachable cable at the IEM but at the Y connector.

Dec 23, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #118 of 241
  How does this compared with upcoming Shungling UP?

From our understanding of the MFI certification requirement, UP is most likely non-MFI certifiable by itself, nor with charging. So it will be hard to compare the two yet from a hardware design perspective. However, sound comparisons will surely ensue, from the community.

Jan 7, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #120 of 241
Well for those without instagram, gonna share this picture from ADVANCED's instagram account. Well, Liking what i see thus far, cables look pretty damn durable and a sleek accessport that accompanies it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back