Interview with Noel Lee, "Head Monster" of Monster Products - Head-Fi TV
Feb 23, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #61 of 82
Yeah, but now they can't say we didn't try to show them some love.  It's a fair olive branch, and theirs for the taking.

Indeed... We ought to make a head fi fashion shoot with our nice cans for lulz. Show monster r sexy Byers can look good n sound great lol

Feb 23, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #62 of 82
It worked out reasonably well for V-Moda.  The M-80 and M-100 are well-received here, NOT because of the way they look, but because they don't sound like schiit (and I don't mean amps/dacs). 
wink.gif

Feb 25, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #63 of 82
Interesting read about monster and dre split.

I dont actually dislike Monster, and i guess seeing their side of the story is not that bad after all.
I wonder however if they will try to get some non-exploited price range and use it effectivly.
I find it hard to get into a market so well covered from all angles already.

Mar 11, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #64 of 82
Just a nonentity video, and I mean that with the upmost respect to Jude. I got the feeling he was humoring Jude/us for the majority of the video. I just got absolutely nothing from that and so found myself clicking through it wishing to get to 11.45 to see if indeed he was perturbed by Jude's suggestion of a comparison. I must obviously be biased against Monster (though unknowing till now). I have listened to the Inspiration and of course beats, and I can honestly say, I have absolutely no interest in what Monster have to bring to the table in the future. I may be being a tad skeptic but I cannot see past the thought that Monster do little more than mass produce gear suited more to build their bank balance as appose to breaking new audiophile grounds. Just like most large corps, drip feed the technology, spend more on marketing and reap the profits. Just my opinion.

Apr 1, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #71 of 82
Hopefully this time monster will be really competitive, for such a big name company its such a shame that their expensive ($200 - $300) products can't even keep up with the sound quality of a $35 HD330 from superlux or the build and sound quality of a $50 Pro80 from Takstar. Maybe if they priced their products just a bit lower like $80 - $150 range they would be a little bit considerable. :) Hopefully this is not just a wish, I'd love to see monster put up a fight and change their ugly image to budget audiophiles like me, maybe they could follow the path of urbanears and skull candy (I must admit they're pretty decent now for the price) Cheers!

Apr 1, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #72 of 82
I feel that monster's products are already better than beats, though it is still really overpriced, but i would get a monster over a beats if i was stuck to a world of these 2.

Apr 1, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #73 of 82
Quote:
Hopefully this time monster will be really competitive, for such a big name company its such a shame that their expensive ($200 - $300) products can't even keep up with the sound quality of a $35 HD330 from superlux or the build and sound quality of a $50 Pro80 from Takstar. Maybe if they priced their products just a bit lower like $80 - $150 range they would be a little bit considerable. :) Hopefully this is not just a wish, I'd love to see monster put up a fight and change their ugly image to budget audiophiles like me, maybe they could follow the path of urbanears and skull candy (I must admit they're pretty decent now for the price) Cheers!

yeah my $50 modded JVC HA-S500 sound much better than my friends $150 Monster Ncredible Ntune

Jul 31, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #74 of 82
Quote:
Interesting interview - one thing, and maybe it's just the awful speakers on this laptop, but it was kind of hard to hear what Noel was saying. Kind of curious to see his claim about "the best noise-cancelling headphones" tested; the Beats ANC wasn't exactly known as top-dog. Would be neat if they're doing what Tyll called for a while ago - letting the engineers (and their likely huge R&D budgets) produce the products they're capable of, versus just pandering to the mass-market. Even if it was just one flagship product, I think they have the ability to produce something good - or am I being too optimistic?

I think you may be on to something there but sadly I have a pretty strong bias against them so even if it was good it would take me some extra convincing. I do like their cables however they make a great connection.

Jul 31, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #75 of 82
Quote:

what I would like to see more from them , I think it would be great if they kept their prices, but could could compare to the likes of d2000, hd598, and others at that price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back