Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Jun 4, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #1,458 of 4,030
Just spent the past few hours organizing my library tags so they look clean on the P6 Pro. Under “all music” the P6P reads the file names and not the track ID, you can download an mp3 tag editor and one click swap your track name to file name (assuming your track names are correct) and everything will display correctly on the P6 p.

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #1,459 of 4,030
Just spent the past few hours organizing my library tags so they look clean on the P6 Pro. Under “all music” the P6P reads the file names and not the track ID, you can download an mp3 tag editor and one click swap your track name to file name (assuming your track names are correct) and everything will display correctly on the P6 p.
Which tag editor do you recommend?

Jun 4, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #1,461 of 4,030
The one I got was free from mp3tag.de

I can post a before and after from when I had the demo to how it looks now to help visualize the difference once my SD card finishes syncing

I’d appreciate seeing that!

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #1,462 of 4,030
I’d appreciate seeing that!

So it’s not the best visual but it should be enough so you can understand why it was a problem before. I’m not sure if you have used the P6 Pro or not but it doesn’t have a search function and the “all music” tab reads tags from the file name and not the track ID tags itself. Here is a picture of it reading file name tags only:

E5AB9A90-AC30-41E4-BF5E-1A7B3EFC526B.jpeg

As you can see it’s all out of order and incorrectly sorted which made finding tracks almost impossible this way.

What I did was used a tag editor and I replaced the file name with the track ID tag instead so it looks like the “all music” is reading track ID names instead of file names, you can notice the difference on the song “blind spot” pictured in both.

674D9191-27CE-4746-8AAB-9C33F0E8C68B.jpeg

it isn’t a perfect solution but it does make finding tracks by song name MUCH easier since it is alphabetized by track name. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #1,463 of 4,030
So it’s not the best visual but it should be enough so you can understand why it was a problem before. I’m not sure if you have used the P6 Pro or not but it doesn’t have a search function and the “all music” tab reads tags from the file name and not the track ID tags itself. Here is a picture of it reading file name tags only:

E5AB9A90-AC30-41E4-BF5E-1A7B3EFC526B.jpeg

As you can see it’s all out of order and incorrectly sorted which made finding tracks almost impossible this way.

What I did was used a tag editor and I replaced the file name with the track ID tag instead so it looks like the “all music” is reading track ID names instead of file names, you can notice the difference on the song “blind spot” pictured in both.

674D9191-27CE-4746-8AAB-9C33F0E8C68B.jpeg

it isn’t a perfect solution but it does make finding tracks by song name MUCH easier since it is alphabetized by track name. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Thanks Bobby, I agree that is a nice improvement. Probably worth doing on my end too - weekend mini-project!

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #1,464 of 4,030
Thanks Bobby, I agree that is a nice improvement. Probably worth doing on my end too - weekend mini-project!

The only problem is if you have two tracks that have the same name, the mp3 editor will not fix them. So you will have to go through individually and fix those.

For example I have two songs called "You're not alone" one by artist ATB and one by Michael Jackson, I had to edit one of the track titles manually and include the artist in it to differentiate between the songs and make it not error. A little tedious but nothing too crazy.

Jun 4, 2021 at 10:00 PM Post #1,466 of 4,030
Here is what I mean, the one that says (Trivecta Remix) is the original file name, the rest I just added the artist into the title to make them not error.

FA5ACDAE-24FD-40A2-A91C-4B84460D04BC.jpeg
Great, a good way to make the otherwise useless Allmusic be good for something other than playing in random.

Jun 5, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #1,468 of 4,030
Grrr just experienced my first crash with the P6 Pro while trying to add songs to a playlist. It froze and when I got it unfrozen all the progress I had made was gone. That was… super… annoying.
You still on firmware 1.03?

That sucks.

Jun 5, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #1,470 of 4,030
Yes, i was lead to believe 1.0.0.4 wasn’t actually officially released yet?
Me to.
I gave up trying to trick and just use directory.
Last time I tried it ended up failing completely, not sure if something I did caused it. I did not do what you were doing, I tried to add genre folders, since I listen to so many different kinds of music I thought that would help.

It did not work, found out you need to keep it simple, artist, albums, tracks.
I tried genre, artist, albums, tracks.
Some of the artist I like for example Brian Eno he has two genres in my collection Atmospheric and Alt Rock - so he was duplicated as well as a few others, that could be what messed it up who knows, just gave up trying after that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back