Interesting machine from Luxury n Precision
Jun 8, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #2,763 of 3,957
If anyone should end up considering parting with a Ti or AE, please don't hesitate to give me a shout. :thumbsup:

Jun 8, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #2,764 of 3,957
If anyone should end up considering parting with a Ti or AE, please don't hesitate to give me a shout. :thumbsup:
Good luck on your search! 👍

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #2,765 of 3,957
Thanks. Found a couple in Asia but not sure if it's legit or not.... DCFever?

Jun 8, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #2,766 of 3,957
Edit: 👍

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #2,767 of 3,957
Jun 8, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #2,768 of 3,957
Yeah definitely go for the 7AE as that is much more rare with only 99 units ever made and with more power to drive HPs and unique sound signature. Also the cool animation after start up! 👍

Jun 8, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #2,769 of 3,957
Haha, cool animation? I'm in!

I don't really need the driving power of AE tbh but would be happy with either. That's 2 folks now with an AE and Jewel combo, both who's opinion I regard, and both think it's above everything else.

I didn't particularly rate LP6 when I paired it with Red Halo so I am a little cautious but always game to try something different.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #2,771 of 3,957
I completely agree with all that he wrote there. While the (Google translate?) grammar can be slightly bizarre, he lays out quite clearly the difference between the LP6 Gold, Ti, and AE. Based on his findings I can firmly know that the AE is definitely my thing in terms of tuning vs the others.

The way it possesses ultra high resolution, a breathtaking enormous stage that is perfectly circular, all while being warm, inviting, and utterly musical will not stop astonishing me. He said it best, taking all that the P6 Pro is and taking it out in all directions with a healthy dose of "more".

Just stunning...

Jun 8, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #2,772 of 3,957

I don't really need the driving power of AE tbh but would be happy with either. That's 2 folks now with an AE and Jewel combo, both who's opinion I regard, and both think it's above everything else.

I didn't particularly rate LP6 when I paired it with Red Halo so I am a little cautious but always game to try something different.
I'll take that as a compliment :) it's my fault for sure, welcome to the club!

Jun 8, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #2,774 of 3,957

If you're looking for the absolute best sonic performance and synergy for Jewel + Orpheus, then 7AE is where its at IMHO :wink:

Jun 8, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #2,775 of 3,957

I originally bought the LP6TI since I could not get my hands on a 7AE after waiting for a long time. Then someone put an almost new one up after 1 month of me purchasing the LP6TI and I had to satisfy my curiosity. No doubt go for the 7AE first if you can get it. It feels more power, I was told by the chap they tweaked the OpAmp not sure if true or not but the sheer power of it is mind blowing when pushing the HD800s. Also the luxury Echizen lacquer wood finish is a historical Japanese art form which is not available on the LP6TI model. You won't regret it.

Users who are viewing this thread

• wj18
Back