Info from a reliable source on the new upcoming AKG flagship.
Apr 1, 2011 at 12:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Digital-Pride

Headphoneus Supremus
Greetings my fellow Head-Fiers!  I bring you some very interesting news from a very trust worthy source(can't give his name for no one outside of AKG is supposed to know) that AKG will be releasing a successor to the now legendary K1000.  According to my inside source the new headphone will feature a similar open speaker design to the K1000 will some sort of new innovative technology that would bring its performance close to that of the electrostatics level!  I know, I'm a bit skeptical as well but that's what my source claims.  It seems that AKG laments its lack presence in the uber headphone bracket and want to claim superiority again.  Will it?  Only time will tell, but I certainly can't wait to find out!  Expect an official announcement from AKG very soon.  So in anticipation of the new flagship allow me to pay homage to the previous flagship in photos-

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #4 of 16
How soon is soon?

Apr 1, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #6 of 16
Apr 1, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #8 of 16
lol happy april fools?

Apr 1, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #9 of 16
Would be great if it's real, but won't have the money to afford it... lol

Apr 1, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #13 of 16
Heh heh, looks like you guys caught on pretty quick.  Yep, this story is completely false and I hope AKG comes out with a new flagship someday, I just don't know when.  So, I apologize to everyone who took this story as true, as my intent was to carry the time honored tradition of April fool's day. 

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #15 of 16
The sound signature of the AKG K701 can not be improved upon. I think its obvious that the engineers at AKG are aware of this, and their time could be better spent on more meaningful projects. After the success they have found with the K701 I think their time would be quite well spent playing golf or tennis rather than designing headphones. Why should they waste their time trying to improve the definition of audio perfection?

April fools. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back