InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Jun 18, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #2,027 of 3,191
So im probably going to send out my tf10s to get reshelled by fisher but i was debating the whole cable thing. Im not sure if i should go with the fisher cable to go and try to find a better one. 

Ideally, id like one with a mic and a next button for my iphone but i guess its not super needed, just would be nice... Any suggestions on a good cable or even a good mic cable??

Jun 18, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #2,028 of 3,191
Quote:
So im probably going to send out my tf10s to get reshelled by fisher but i was debating the whole cable thing. Im not sure if i should go with the fisher cable to go and try to find a better one. 

Ideally, id like one with a mic and a next button for my iphone but i guess its not super needed, just would be nice... Any suggestions on a good cable or even a good mic cable??

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm 99% sure UE is the only company that has a detachable mic cable and the pins are smaller than all the other cables out there. Also, sound and comfort with UE's mic cable is below average at best.

Fisher stock cables are actually very nice and use the same size connector pins as most other notable makers. 

Jun 18, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #2,029 of 3,191
Quote:

I have stock tf10 sockets on my iems and like you I needed iphone controls so I just bought a tf10vi cable.

Jun 18, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #2,031 of 3,191
Quote:
Same here. I asked Fisher to keep the standard UE sockets so I'd be able to use any of the numerous aftermarket cables should the need ever arise.

Plus, I figured if I were going to get an after market cable it would likely be a Chris_Himself silver cable and I can easily get that with a tf10 socket so no problems there.

Jun 18, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #2,033 of 3,191
Quote:
So you guys suggest for me to tell fisher to keep the tf10 sockets? so if i would like to at some point, change my cable? (sorry, still learning all this)

Depends what kind of cables you want to use. If ipod controls is a necessity for you then I say tell them to use the stock tf10 sockets and get a tf10 vi cable.

Jun 19, 2012 at 8:42 AM Post #2,035 of 3,191
Quote:
Steven did you figure out if Chris_himself will do modify his standard silver cable with the ipod control or mic?

I also think the standard TF10 cable will not do your reshells justice :wink:

I asked a while ago, apparently he's had a high request for this for a while and he's attempted it many times but couldn't do it. :frowning2:

Jun 19, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #2,036 of 3,191
Quote:
Steven did you figure out if Chris_himself will do modify his standard silver cable with the ipod control or mic?

I also think the standard TF10 cable will not do your reshells justice :wink:

Thats what i was thinking as well, and have been doing some research on better cables. Im thinking I will just tell fisher to keep the stock cables/sockets so i can just order a different cable. As ive read, the fisher cable has smaller sockets and therefore would make it difficult switching them out later. So figure why go down that route when its not needed. Anyways, the cable from fisher is 30, i should just put that towards a nice/good cable. Also read that their cable goes green after a while.. 

Please correct me of my thinking is wrong anyone.. 

Jun 19, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #2,037 of 3,191
Correct me if i'm wrong but i've heard that the socket InEarz uses is actually Westone sockets. Most Custom IEMs out there actually use Westone-sized pins so you will actually have a smaller market to source UE IEM cables from if you do decide to go with UE sockets. If you need a cable with iphone remote, you could consider the Westone EPIC MICS Cable.

http://www.westonemusicproducts.com/store/index.php/westone-music-products/accessories/epic-replacement-cables/epic-mics-cable.html

Some iPhone 4 users report an echo effect when using the cables though but others say it works just fine so it's a matter of luck i suppose.

Jun 19, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #2,038 of 3,191
Quote:
Thats what i was thinking as well, and have been doing some research on better cables. Im thinking I will just tell fisher to keep the stock cables/sockets so i can just order a different cable. As ive read, the fisher cable has smaller sockets and therefore would make it difficult switching them out later. So figure why go down that route when its not needed. Anyways, the cable from fisher is 30, i should just put that towards a nice/good cable. Also read that their cable goes green after a while.. 

Please correct me of my thinking is wrong anyone.. 

The UE and Westone cables turn green too, it's because of oxidation.

Erecent, yeah. I think the fisher socket is the Westone socket, if I remember correctly.

Jun 19, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #2,039 of 3,191
Gutted.

Yep the iems fit if i take the cables out!  So what I've got are two sets of expensive sets of earplugs :frowning2:  It's the placement of where the new recessed socket is. The cable prong itself (where the cable attaches to the iem itself) rubs against the side of the ear where it sticks out.  They are also quite flush with the ear so it's more awkward to take out.  Aside from that "little" issue fit seems much improved.  It would also explain why the klipsch which doesn't have removeable cables fit better.

Not sure what my next step is going to be, as I am rapidly becoming more and more irritated (with the situation, not inearz) now. 

Cheers

Jun 19, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #2,040 of 3,191
Quote:
Gutted.

Yep the iems fit if i take the cables out!  So what I've got are two sets of expensive sets of earplugs :frowning2:  It's the placement of where the new recessed socket is. The cable prong itself (where the cable attaches to the iem itself) rubs against the side of the ear where it sticks out.  They are also quite flush with the ear so it's more awkward to take out.  Aside from that "little" issue fit seems much improved.  It would also explain why the klipsch which doesn't have removeable cables fit better.

Not sure what my next step is going to be, as I am rapidly becoming more and more irritated (with the situation, not inearz) now. 

Cheers

Ok, that sucks, but it seems to me you are so close now. It sounds like this time you can tell them to leave them mostly alone, just make them thicker. Problem is Im not sure if that means they need to completely rebuild them or just make some alterations. I guess contact Fisher again and find out. I sure hope they help you out with the shipping as your situation is becoming ridiculous regardless of who is or isnt at fault. Keep us updated like you have been, still hoping for a happy resolution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back