InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Jun 21, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #2,057 of 3,191
Quote:
Does Fisher usually send out tracking numbers? I've made payment for my customs the day before and i've not received a tracking number from them yet. I'm really impressed that they managed to complete my order (TF10 Remold) in slightly more than a week! I was expecting it to be done in about 3 weeks or so but they really exceeded my expectations. Can't wait to receive these babies :)

I've had three customs done by Fisher and no tracking on any of them.

Jun 21, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #2,059 of 3,191
Quote:
It depends, some say they were sent tracking numbers but I myself didn't receive one. If you want you can go on ups and press on track by reference. You can type your name in and see if there is anything for you, usually it's LAST, FIRST. In caps. But try different variations of your name, it's not always put in like the way I suggested but mine was inserted like that.

WOW, that is a great tip! I found my shipment! It's due to arrive tomorrow :) Will post pictures and review when i get them~

Jun 22, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #2,061 of 3,191
I sent my for refits, and USPS tracking say Undeliverable as Addressed...
frown.gif

Jun 22, 2012 at 6:06 AM Post #2,062 of 3,191
They've moved recently, should be able to get them forwarded.  New address is on the website/facebook page.

Good luck for those who have to get a refit.

So far for me the tally is :-

10 months (give or take) 3 sets of impressions and 4 refits and still not right.

Cheers.

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #2,065 of 3,191
Just received my reshells from InEarz!! Just a quick question, the fit on my outer ear seems perfect. However, my ear canals feel a little uncomfortable like the canal area or tip is a bit too thick? The seal is excellent though, i don't detect a change in the seal if i move my mouth but if i open my mouth wide, i can feel the IEMs pressing hard against my ear canals. Is this normal? This being my first custom IEM, i don't quite know what a perfect fit feels like. Maybe i just need to get used to it?

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #2,066 of 3,191
Sounds like a good fit, are you experiencing any pain?  The only time I feel like mine press a little hard is when I smile, then I am aware of them being my ears.

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #2,067 of 3,191
It's not really pain per say , just a mild sense of discomfort. Guess it's something that i have to get used to :) Hey KimChee, can't help but notice that you got the Chris Himself cables with your TF10 reshells. Do you really hear a huge difference comparing the Chris Himeself cables with the stock TF10 cables?

Jun 22, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #2,068 of 3,191
Yes the CH cables are the best cables out there for the money, and my fav cable for the TF10 for sure.

Jun 23, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #2,070 of 3,191
Quote:
Just received my reshells from InEarz!! Just a quick question, the fit on my outer ear seems perfect. However, my ear canals feel a little uncomfortable like the canal area or tip is a bit too thick? The seal is excellent though, i don't detect a change in the seal if i move my mouth but if i open my mouth wide, i can feel the IEMs pressing hard against my ear canals. Is this normal? This being my first custom IEM, i don't quite know what a perfect fit feels like. Maybe i just need to get used to it?

If you can feel the ear canal it is probably too thick. When I first had my reshells done it was a pretty tight fit. I thought I would get used to it but the portions where I had a "mild" discomfort became pretty painful after 30-40min. of use. I would send your reshells back in for a refit and just have Fisher shave down the ear canal a tiny bit (or a lot of bit if you can feel them significantly for that matter). Ideally the IEMs should feel like its not there. Since customs have very little tolerance for perfection it is rare that even with a correct ear impression would be a one shot done deal. You can probably try wearing your reshells for a few hours a day through the next week and see how it feels and that way you can describe the discomfort better and also pinpoint how much you want to shave off for that particular area. GL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back