InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Jun 25, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #2,086 of 3,191
Quote:
what did the audiologist use to "buff them down"? 

A bench mounted buffing wheel that looked straight out of a shop class except it was pretty and clean. Not sure what the buffing wheels were made of but they looked the same as the ones we polished brass with in shop class. She used the white color rouge. Here are links to what I "think" she was using. She actually shined up the entire earpiece once I saw how shiny they became. She said I could get the same stuff anywhere and use my dremel.

http://www.amazon.com/Woodstock-D3190-8-Inch-Muslin-Buffing/dp/B001UE7JDQ/ref=acc_glance_hi_ai_ps_t_2

http://www.amazon.com/Woodstock-D2903-1-Pound-Buffing-Compound/dp/B0000DD35X/ref=pd_sim_hi_2

Keep in mind Im not positive these are what she was using but they sure look like it.

Jun 26, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #2,087 of 3,191

Hi guys, got a bit of an issue here. I just received my Westone EPIC MICS Cable and tried to fit it on my reshelled TF10s with Westone sockets. As you can see, the pins do not quite fully fit into the socket. Now, it does not seem to affect SQ but it kinda bugs me to have the pins exposed like that. I've tried to push it in as far as it would go and i believe this is the furthest i could get it in without breaking the socket. Is this normal or should i send it back to Fisher since i'm gonna get a re-fit. 

Jun 26, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #2,088 of 3,191
Well I've got a question about customs in general. Well I plan to get my TF10s reshelled by fisher. But the tf10 rubber tips tend to make my ears really sore. Like right there they seal inside my ear. Then for the next few days I can't use any IEMs. Does anyone have an issue like this with customs? 

Jun 26, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #2,089 of 3,191
Quote:
Well I've got a question about customs in general. Well I plan to get my TF10s reshelled by fisher. But the tf10 rubber tips tend to make my ears really sore. Like right there they seal inside my ear. Then for the next few days I can't use any IEMs. Does anyone have an issue like this with customs? 

I had pain issues until I got a refit, now I can wear them for hours without issues. Even when I had pain, it didn't come to a point where I had to wait days to use any headphone.

Jun 26, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #2,090 of 3,191
Unless the cable connection is loose, I don't think I'd send it back if everything else is working well..
Quote:

Hi guys, got a bit of an issue here. I just received my Westone EPIC MICS Cable and tried to fit it on my reshelled TF10s with Westone sockets. As you can see, the pins do not quite fully fit into the socket. Now, it does not seem to affect SQ but it kinda bugs me to have the pins exposed like that. I've tried to push it in as far as it would go and i believe this is the furthest i could get it in without breaking the socket. Is this normal or should i send it back to Fisher since i'm gonna get a re-fit. 

Jun 26, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #2,091 of 3,191
Finally got my customs back today, got rid of the pain but they do not fit my ear canal. Too lazy to send back so I made my own comply wraps and now they fit great and isolate just fine. Guess I'll just live with this as I feel more comfortable like this anyway. Here's a picture of what I did.

Jun 27, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #2,093 of 3,191
I'm guessing if he's using the wraps they're too small.  You could possibly use a small amount of clear nail polish if you wanted to.

Jun 27, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #2,094 of 3,191
Yeah, the canal is a bit too small. Maybe I'll just thicken it up with some clear nail polish or something but right now it doesn't bother me using it with the things I made.

Jun 27, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #2,095 of 3,191
Quote:

It is probably OK, but if it were mine I would shorten the pins enough so that the plugs sit flat against the monitor - not because of how it looks, but to reduce twisting at the socket.

Jun 29, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #2,096 of 3,191
Off they go again.  Ups just came and picked mine up to go back.  At least I'm on holiday for two weeks now so won't need them anyway.

The real shame is that I can't claim the airmiles these things must have racked up :)

Cheers

Jun 29, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #2,097 of 3,191
Quote:
Off they go again.  Ups just came and picked mine up to go back.  At least I'm on holiday for two weeks now so won't need them anyway.

The real shame is that I can't claim the airmiles these things must have racked up :)

Cheers

Haha, that's a shame! Hopefully (5th?) time is a charm!

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #2,099 of 3,191
Guys learn from my mistake, Inearz do not keep your ear impression molds. Hence always send in your ear impressions together with your monitors, even if its just a little fit issue. Shipping another product there cost a bit.

Damn canadian post! They charged me $9.71 CAD just to ship over an item weighing 36g.
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back