InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Feb 9, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #886 of 3,191
Ya, I listed it on the order form. I'll just wait until the charge goes through first since it's still pending. If it stays, then I'll ask them about it later. 

Quote:
Quote:
Hm. I didn't get a custom color or ship next day though. Unless dark blue is a custom color? Kaysen told me the clear tips would be free. Shrugs. lol.

Get a break down of the charges, I assume you said you were part of the group buy on the order form.

Feb 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #887 of 3,191

Quote:
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that Fisher received my impressions on 1/14 and I just received an e-mail from UPS saying that a label has been created with a tracking number. My guess is that they'll ship out today or tomorrow. Fisher shipped them out via 2 day mail, so they'll likely be here tuesday or so. :)

I had mine made in dark blue with clear tips. I'll post some pics when they arrive. Hopefully they don't require a refit, although to be honest, I don't feel too great about my impressions. They seem a bit rushed, and when the audiologist put the sillicone in my ears, one side felt like it had more pressure than the other. That and she didn't use a bite block or cotton ear dams (she used foam.) Basically everything the instructions said NOT to do... =/

Your color choice sounds really nice.Did you select one of their cables, too?
My audiologist did not use a bite block either.  She told me to open and close my mouth a few times and then to sit still.  She did use cotton dams, tho.

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #889 of 3,191

Quote:
Quote:
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that Fisher received my impressions on 1/14 and I just received an e-mail from UPS saying that a label has been created with a tracking number. My guess is that they'll ship out today or tomorrow. Fisher shipped them out via 2 day mail, so they'll likely be here tuesday or so. :)

I had mine made in dark blue with clear tips. I'll post some pics when they arrive. Hopefully they don't require a refit, although to be honest, I don't feel too great about my impressions. They seem a bit rushed, and when the audiologist put the sillicone in my ears, one side felt like it had more pressure than the other. That and she didn't use a bite block or cotton ear dams (she used foam.) Basically everything the instructions said NOT to do... =/

Your color choice sounds really nice.Did you select one of their cables, too?
My audiologist did not use a bite block either.  She told me to open and close my mouth a few times and then to sit still.  She did use cotton dams, tho.

I didn't purchase their cables. I ordered a pre-9/10 cable from Ultimate Ears. I have a set of UE4  Pro and I'm a HUGE fan of the UE customs cables. I'm actually surprised that UE can make such awesome cables considering the cables on my TF10's are complete garbage. lol.

Feb 10, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #890 of 3,191
I didn't purchase their cables. I ordered a pre-9/10 cable from Ultimate Ears. I have a set of UE4  Pro and I'm a HUGE fan of the UE customs cables. I'm actually surprised that UE can make such awesome cables considering the cables on my TF10's are complete garbage. lol.

I really hate the standard cables on the Triple Fi's, and I don't fully understand UE's logic in including them in the first place. I understand that it increases the amount of aftermarket sales for their upgrade cables, but the standard cable is such a turn-off, that I think they take a bit of a hit to their reputation by including it in the first place.

Feb 10, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #891 of 3,191

Quote:
I really hate the standard cables on the Triple Fi's, and I don't fully understand UE's logic in including them in the first place. I understand that it increases the amount of aftermarket sales for their upgrade cables, but the standard cable is such a turn-off, that I think they take a bit of a hit to their reputation by including it in the first place.

I always wonder if after they bought UE from JH if they changed the cable. I couldnt see JH using a crappy cable like that with his well known name in the industry and high end standards.

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #892 of 3,191
I always wonder if after they bought UE from JH if they changed the cable. I couldnt see JH using a crappy cable like that with his well known name in the industry and high end standards.

Yes, it might be fun to check around to check the quality of cable the Triple-fi's had before Harvey left UE( or even right after it was sold to Logitech, which happened pretty much right after he left).

Feb 11, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #893 of 3,191

Quote:

I'm with you there. Only about 2 months after I purchased mine the cable failed.

By the way, has anyone ever gotten a W4 reshelled?

Feb 11, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #894 of 3,191

Quote:
I'm with you there. Only about 2 months after I purchased mine the cable failed.

By the way, has anyone ever gotten a W4 reshelled?

I've never heard of it being done but I think the group buy is still going on and they should be able to re-shell them for you if you wish.

Feb 13, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #895 of 3,191
Hmm. Weird. The charge for $110.50 went through. Looks like that's just their normal pricing. Hopefully they can help me figure something out tomorrow.

Quote:
Ya, I listed it on the order form. I'll just wait until the charge goes through first since it's still pending. If it stays, then I'll ask them about it later. 

Quote:
Quote:
Hm. I didn't get a custom color or ship next day though. Unless dark blue is a custom color? Kaysen told me the clear tips would be free. Shrugs. lol.

Get a break down of the charges, I assume you said you were part of the group buy on the order form.

Feb 13, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #896 of 3,191
Just want to clarify something.  If I go ahead and have the Fisher Cables installed on my Tripli Fi customs, would I be able to switch them out to the UE custom cable in the future.  I want to use the UE custom cables, but do not have time to wait for them to arrive.

Thanks.

Feb 13, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #897 of 3,191
Just sent my Triplefi's in for remold today.  Add one more to the group buy.

Also, ordered the custom UE cables (pre-2010).  Having Fisher install their cables and I will switch out when I get them back.

Feb 13, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #898 of 3,191
Just sent my Triplefi's in for remold today.  Add one more to the group buy.

Also, ordered the custom UE cables (pre-2010).  Having Fisher install their cables and I will switch out when I get them back.

So, did you get a response to your question you posted earlier? I am interested in the answer, too. Are the Fisher cables and the UE pre-2010 cables interchangeable? I recall reading that some of the aftermarket cables have larger diameter pins - that may have been the Westone cable that was identified as having bigger pins, tho, not the UE custom cables...

Feb 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #899 of 3,191
Just sent my Triplefi's in for remold today as well.  Add another to the group buy.

I also sent in the UE custom clear cable (pre-9/1/2010) I had ordered.  will post pics when i get them back.  the wait begins ... 

popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back