InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Sep 7, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #602 of 3,191

Quote:
sent my sf5 pro last week tracking number indicates it's been delivered but no confirmation from inearz yet

I don't think you will until it comes time for payment, so if you want to double check that they've arrived just fire kaysen a quick email.

Sep 7, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #603 of 3,191

Quote:
Dont be shy about getting the fit corrected. The whole process is so exact that it is no surprise when things dont fit perfectly. Its really all part of the process to send them back and get things more perfect. In a year from now that fit issue will still bug you and you will realize the time without them would have been worth it. So feel free to be picky. The trick it that it takes some regular use before you truly identify exactly what the issue is . So test them a couple weeks and then send them back. Fisher has great customer service so there is no worries when it comes to dealing with them. I kinda settled with one of my sets and I wish I had been more picky.

Thanks for the advice.  I'll try them for a couple weeks and send them back.

The one complaint I have is that you don't know when (or if) they receive your iems until you get called for payment or send an email asking for an update.  Other than that it was a pretty painless experience.

Sep 8, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #604 of 3,191
The most important thing I realizeded was that the molds were the starting point, so if your molds aren't perfect, then the earphones won't be.

Everything is amplified by the molding process. I have had to get impressions of my right ear twice and I will be doing the same for my left ear. The right ear came back perfect while the left ear losses contact with my ear at the bottom and the mold feels the same way. I don't blame Inearz or Fischer in any way and I feel that bad molds is what the majority of complaints against custom earphones is.

So double and triple check your molds.

Sep 8, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #606 of 3,191
Heh,  mine are "supposed" to be delivered today.  Got back from work and still no delivery (though I knew that from the updated tracking).  Still says out for delivery on the tracker.   "Hits refresh on the tracker again"

Cheers.

Sep 8, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #607 of 3,191

Quote:
Heh,  mine are "supposed" to be delivered today.  Got back from work and still no delivery (though I knew that from the updated tracking).  Still says out for delivery on the tracker.   "Hits refresh on the tracker again"

Cheers.

hey did you pay for rush service? if so, how many days did it take?

Sep 8, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #609 of 3,191

Quote:
hey did you pay for rush service? if so, how many days did it take?

Hi

Well surprise surprise they didn't turn up today.  Should do tomorrow I guess.

Didn't pay for rush, didn't see the point being an international customer.

I sent them in 29/7/11 and should have got them back today according to ups email/tracker.  It took a week from getting to the airport to fisher which added to the delay, plus a day extra (time difference mainly)due to a misunderstanding on payment method (which was corrected swiftly and painlessly).

Cheers.

Sep 9, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #611 of 3,191
They finally turned up today :)  Got delivered by royal mail in the end and not dropped off via ups which was a bit of a surprise.  Now I just gotta figure out how to wear them :)  Finish and shells both look very good on all three.  The fisher cable is a huge upgrade on the official one of the ultimate ears and is almost westone like which is fine by me.

Thanks to Kaysen and the team.
I had a Triple Fi 10, (dark translucent blue which looks really nice) a Klipsch x10i,  (dark translucent red) and a Westone 2 (black).   Came just in the nick of time as well as the pair of shure se215's has gone on me again. 

Cheers.

Sep 9, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #612 of 3,191
Wow, this thread is still kicking!

1 yr and 7 months since I got my set back and they still sound amazing. I don't commute on the train anymore so they don't get used much unfortunately, however I do wear them every weekend when I mow the lawn and I love them. Looking forward to some quality listening time on a few flights I've got upcoming soon though!

Sep 10, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #614 of 3,191
Well looks like I'll have to send at least the triplefi back anyway.  I can get a decent enough fit in the left ear, but the right won't even sit properly in the canal.  When it does go in it's fairly uncomfortable.  The other two (westone and klipsch), I'm on the fence about.  Of the three the klipsch its the smoothest and easiest.  Going to wait until I have a chat with the audiologist just to check that i'm not doing something stupid (which I'm fully prepared to admit to), but that will have to wait at least a week as I can't get time of work.  Ah well here we go. 

Cheers

Sep 13, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #615 of 3,191

Quote:
Well looks like I'll have to send at least the triplefi back anyway.  I can get a decent enough fit in the left ear, but the right won't even sit properly in the canal.  When it does go in it's fairly uncomfortable.  The other two (westone and klipsch), I'm on the fence about.  Of the three the klipsch its the smoothest and easiest.  Going to wait until I have a chat with the audiologist just to check that i'm not doing something stupid (which I'm fully prepared to admit to), but that will have to wait at least a week as I can't get time of work.  Ah well here we go. 

Cheers

Wow David... you got them tried out!!

A shame that you (probably) need a refit after all the waiting that you did...

Any initial impressions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back