InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Sep 13, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #616 of 3,191

Quote:

Wow David... you got them tried out!!

A shame that you (probably) need a refit after all the waiting that you did...

Any initial impressions?

No real impressions as I feel it's unfair to judge until things are correct.  Fit and finish are really nice, and it's probably just a little too thick on the right side thats fouling the fit.   It's the bottom right side of the ear where its having the most trouble going in.  Almost as if there isn't enough of a gap for the iem to slide in properly.  I'm sure that given a fair crack fisher will fix the problem. 

Seeing as I've read some people requiring four to five refits I'm not really surprised that I would. 

Cheers.

Sep 13, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #617 of 3,191
Not sure if it applies to you due to every issue being different but I actually let my audiologist buff mine down where I felt it was too thick. She helped me pinpoint what the problem was and I essentially got 3 refits in about fifteen minutes. She would buff it a little and then Id test it and she would do it again. Took about three times and it was perfect. I was out of warranty at that time, as I said earlier in the thread I would take Fisher up on the warranty offer and send it back to get it done, but I see you are overseas, so if you have a good audiologist then....

Sep 13, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #618 of 3,191

Quote:
Not sure if it applies to you due to every issue being different but I actually let my audiologist buff mine down where I felt it was too thick. She helped me pinpoint what the problem was and I essentially got 3 refits in about fifteen minutes. She would buff it a little and then Id test it and she would do it again. Took about three times and it was perfect. I was out of warranty at that time, as I said earlier in the thread I would take Fisher up on the warranty offer and send it back to get it done, but I see you are overseas, so if you have a good audiologist then....

I did wonder about that, cheers for the idea.  Was going to ring them anyway.  It's either that or another 3 week wait and another £15 or so postage :)

Since the last post I have discovered where I've been going wrong.   I had been using the guides both by ultimate ears and 1964 ears on youtube and this wasn't working.  What did work for me was to insert with the cable straight down and then twist.  This gave a far more satisfactory (though still tight) insertion (ooer) and actually felt it lock.  I'd been trying the triples out at work today and while my left ear feels fine my right ear couldn't take more than a few minutes even with the new method.

Oh and carlosfandango you'll appreciate this more than most on here being uk.  It took ups usa 4 days to get it from Florida to Newark.  It then took UPS uk two days to get it from Eastleigh to Dorset :p

I'll get round to posting pics tomorrow.

Cheers.

Sep 13, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #619 of 3,191
Got a call back from Kaysen just now that my JH 16's are ready. ^^

I actually asked for several specific requests so I'll be sure to post information how they turn out as soon as I get them back-

*I sent in for rush order
*Asked for the same crossovers and bore design as the original JH 16
*also asked that they would use a different filter for the high-freq to reduce some of the brightness/sibilance ever so slightly... (I found the JH 16's to be a tad sharp for my tastes coming from an SM3)
*also requested a very slightly thicker shell if possible to maximize isolation
*Same nozzle length on the both the ear pieces-

Will let you guys know what you think - I was going to send them to UM, but with the shipping and the waiting - I thought I'd give Inearz a try.

Sep 14, 2011 at 6:42 AM Post #621 of 3,191
Since the last post I have discovered where I've been going wrong.   I had been using the guides both by ultimate ears and 1964 ears on youtube and this wasn't working.  What did work for me was to insert with the cable straight down and then twist.  This gave a far more satisfactory (though still tight) insertion (ooer) and actually felt it lock.  I'd been trying the triples out at work today and while my left ear feels fine my right ear couldn't take more than a few minutes even with the new method.

Oh and carlosfandango you'll appreciate this more than most on here being uk.  It took ups usa 4 days to get it from Florida to Newark.  It then took UPS uk two days to get it from Eastleigh to Dorset :p
------------------------

David, The 'twisty' method of insertion is what I use and find to be the best method... it feels the most natural and helps to feed the bores down into the ear canal.

Don't forget also that your ears need some time to 'bed in' and adjust to these new phones... I'd advise at least a week of trying (and few hours a day if you can manage it) the phones to see if the fit becomes more comfortable.

I know this isn't an attractive prospect, as like most people, you're probably in a hurry to actually sit and listen to these phones! ... but a little patience at this time 'may' save you the refit hassles.

UPS do take some strange rotues when delivering items!

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #622 of 3,191
I have been meaning to post my UE tf10 custom translucent black remolds from InEarZ for a long time but I figure it's never to late right? 

Unfortunately my cable (the one that originally came with my tf10's) now has a short and having my audio cut in and out continuously has been giving me a headache to say the least.  I contacted Kaysen about purchasing a new fisher cable from her but I guess it won't fit into the sockets that the UE cable fits.  So my options are to either send them in and have the sockets switched out for ones that will fit the fisher cable, or try and find a new cable (cause I don't want to buy another UE cable) that will fit the UE sockets. 

Any of you good people here have any suggestions?

Thanks for your help and sorry for the long post.

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #624 of 3,191
Ok so I got mine today and they are awesome. The fit is really tight, so tight I'm having a hard time getting them out...what is the proper way to remove a custom? I don't want to pull the wrong way

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #625 of 3,191
I just got my ear impressions and I'm sending these in to Fisher tomorrow morning!

How long did the TF10 reshells take end to end?

Sep 16, 2011 at 6:04 AM Post #626 of 3,191

Quote:
Ok so I got mine today and they are awesome. The fit is really tight, so tight I'm having a hard time getting them out...what is the proper way to remove a custom? I don't want to pull the wrong way

http://www.spiralear.com/en/more-info/inserting-removing/

Sep 16, 2011 at 6:06 AM Post #627 of 3,191

Quote:

What I found for me is to push down on the top part of the iem near the cable area (but not the cable!) and pull/twist gently at the same time if that makes sense.  You need to break the seal before removing otherwise what I found happend was a kind of suction and found it even more difficut to remove. 

As ever ymmv!

Sep 16, 2011 at 6:59 AM Post #629 of 3,191

thanks!
Quote:
What I found for me is to push down on the top part of the iem near the cable area (but not the cable!) and pull/twist gently at the same time if that makes sense.  You need to break the seal before removing otherwise what I found happend was a kind of suction and found it even more difficut to remove. 

As ever ymmv!

Sep 16, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #630 of 3,191

Quote:
I did the rush, and it took them 7 days, and two more days to ship them back.....So, a total of nine days

Wow that is really fast. Was the rush just for shipping or the time spent in making them as well?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that's for the process... I'm tempted but I think I'll just wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back