InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Sep 16, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #631 of 3,191
Alright seriously?

Got my JH16 Pros back - sound is completely off. The right piece is louder than the left, and the bass drivers on the left seem to be dead.

This is such crap.

emailed Kaysen, no response yet. I called in and someone else told me that they aren't responsible for failed drivers... send them in and they'll take a look, maybe the connection is bad...??

It was working fine before I sent them in... No one has touched the drivers except Inearz... any good explainations? no. Shipping covered? nope.

I'll send them back asap - and see how they handle this.

Sep 16, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #633 of 3,191

Quote:
Alright seriously?

Got my JH16 Pros back - sound is completely off. The right piece is louder than the left, and the bass drivers on the left seem to be dead.

This is such crap.

emailed Kaysen, no response yet. I called in and someone else told me that they aren't responsible for failed drivers... send them in and they'll take a look, maybe the connection is bad...??

It was working fine before I sent them in... No one has touched the drivers except Inearz... any good explainations? no. Shipping covered? nope.

I'll send them back asap - and see how they handle this.

Uh oh, definitely let us know how it goes.

Sep 17, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #634 of 3,191
This is my custom TF10's.  Thank you to Kaysen and Fisher Audio for all of your help and assistance.

The process for me was for the most part painless.  I did have a lot of back and forths with Kaysen to make sure that everything went smoothly.  I live about 1hr 30min away from Fisher so sending them off wasn't a hassle.

Timeline :
September 1st, 2011 - Sent Original TF10s to Fisher
September 2nd, 2011 - Fisher Received Package
September 5-9, 2011 - Back and forths regarding artwork.
September 13th, 2011 - Received Notice from Paypal for Payment.
September 14th, 2011 - Received New Custom TF10s

INSANELY fast for me.  I was seeing people take anywhere from 3 weeks to a few months, never thought it'd be done in 2 weeks (keep in mind the weekends and a Labor Day holiday for folks in CONUS).

Review of Service (8 out of 10):
Overall I thought the service was good, not superb, but pretty good.  The best way I can describe this is when you're at a bar in a busy club and you'll wait for the bartender to attend to you and you'll get his/her attention for only a few seconds and they're off again.  Yeah you're not really there to tell your life story, but I generally give props to those that take the time to mix me a proper drink.

Most of Kaysen's replies were often one or two liners, which I realize she's a busy person, I'm not hating on her for that.  But half the time I did feel brushed off.  I can understand if she's busy but once it's my turn but would be nice if I could get some undivided attention even for only a few min.

My biggest worry was the artwork.  I had chosen a vector graphic of a drumset.  It came out ok but not nearly as good as what I was hoping for.  Some of the lines didn't come out, and I think if more attention was brought about this portion during the order process when I asked about the graphic, that it would have ended up looking better.  I mean you're paying an extra $25 dollars, it'd be nice to get it to look right.. right?  I asked her multiple times if it would be ok and she said it'd look great and after they were done, she said it looked great.  I asked for a picture but did not get one so I didn't see it till after I got the package.

Review of the Product (9 out of 10):
I LOVE my customs.  Aesthetically they came out near perfect.  And that's where I want to make things clear.. they were 'near' perfect but not 'perfect'. 

Pros:
The fit was spot on to my molds. 
Build came out great.
Sound is fantastic.

Cons:
- I asked for white but as you can see by some of the pics (where color balance wasn't adjusted), that it's more of an off-white or creamy white.  It's not bad by any means but it makes it look somewhat aged.
- There are noticeable imperfections in the clear body.  If you see some of the closeups there's a tint of pink.  This is NOT my camera, and not blood from my ears, lol.
- The finish was pretty good but there were also areas that weren't as polished as I would've liked.

---

So bottom line?  I am pleased with the end-product.  For basic service without the custom artwork, it's way cheaper and SUPER fast.  But I think I would have traded some of that speed for craftsmanship even if I had to wait a few extra weeks.  With shipping it all came out to $122.50 which is an incredible bargain for customs (not including my custom UE cable and the TF10s).

Kudos again to the Fisher Audio Team.  I love it!

Pics are below.  Sorry if it's a little excessive.  I got picture happy when I was in the studio.. lol.  Enjoy!

Sep 17, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #635 of 3,191
I love that design! That looks fantastic!

I shipped mine out yesterday. I'm hoping the ear impressions will be safe on the trip to their office. They should have it by Monday and I'm hoping to have it back in a month or so.

Sep 18, 2011 at 3:41 AM Post #637 of 3,191
i received mine last week i have been using them and they are great but they made them too big they stick outside my ear too much sant an email to kaysen and she replyed very promptly told me.
Code:
 It looks like they aren't inserted correctly...
 i have been working as a caregiver for more than 10 years and i know how to put hearing aides properly and  iems are exactly the same 
i will like the opinion of the users of this blog to tell me if i am right that my iems  too big

Sep 18, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #638 of 3,191

Quote:
first off, those look bada**, second what case do you have for your iphone.....digging the black and white

Otterbox Commuter Series (not the TL one) - White

Sep 21, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #639 of 3,191

Long time lurker, so i figured this would be a good time for me to make my first post.  This is my first set of custom in ear monitors.  I've had a set of M-Audio IE-40 for a while but after reading multiple success stories decided to pull the trigger and go wit customs.  Had my molds done and shipped them to Fisher Audio.  Spoke to Kaysen regarding the specifics including my custom art work.

The process has been much faster than expected.

September 12, 2011 - Sent IE-40s and impressions to Fisher

September 14, 2011 - Fisher Received Package
September 15, 2011 - E-mailed artwork
September 21, 2011 - Received a call from Kaysen that Monitors were done and Paypal Payment was sent.  Monitors have been shipped.

Should be getting them by Friday 23rd hopefully, waiting with anticipation.  Hopefully fit and finish will be nice.  Will post some pics once i get them.

Sep 26, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #641 of 3,191

I have the very same problem with my fisher hearing customs. They fit fine and sound great, but stick out in the top a lot.

Mine also have a very hard time holding a cable. About 75% of the time when I take off my IEMs the cable comes out. This is on both ears with any cable I try, whether it is a custom cable or the stock cable. Sometimes I times I find myself searching the house for the ear pieces because they just fall off cables.

Quote:
i received mine last week i have been using them and they are great but they made them too big they stick outside my ear too much sant an email to kaysen and she replyed very promptly told me.
Code:
 It looks like they aren't inserted correctly...
 i have been working as a caregiver for more than 10 years and i know how to put hearing aides properly and  iems are exactly the same 
i will like the opinion of the users of this blog to tell me if i am right that my iems  too big

Sep 26, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #642 of 3,191
I have the very same problem with my fisher hearing customs. They fit fine and sound great, but stick out in the top a lot.

Mine also have a very hard time holding a cable. About 75% of the time when I take off my IEMs the cable comes out. This is on both ears with any cable I try, whether it is a custom cable or the stock cable. Sometimes I times I find myself searching the house for the ear pieces because they just fall off cables.

That doesn't sound right at all. There should be plenty enough friction force holding the pins in place.

Have you emailed Kaysen?

Sep 26, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #643 of 3,191
No, I haven't emailed Kaysen. I owned my customs for a couple months before this issue showed up. I figured it just must have been something with the stock cable, which I wanted to replace anyways due to an  intermittent connection on the left ear piece.I got a custom made cable and had the same issue with it holding a cable. I contemplated emailing Kaysen, but I decided to talk with person who made my cable first, as it seemed easier, quicker, and possibly less expensive. Chris from chrishimselfaudio.blogspot.com had a solution and hooked me up with a cable with slightly larger pins. I honestly just got my cable back in the mail about an hour ago, and my IEMs hold this cable perfectly. I can't visibly see a size difference from this new cable of mine and the stock cable my fisher remolds came with. However there is a noticeable size difference between it and my TF10 cables.

If more problems develop in the future I plan to contact Kaysen, but I am happy for now.

Sep 28, 2011 at 1:38 PM Post #644 of 3,191
I've sent emails over the past 2-3 days, no response at all. I've tried Kaysen, Kim, and info@fisherhearing.com. Any idea what's going on at all? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back