InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Jan 22, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #2,537 of 3,191
  I'm working on specs for our drivers now. The coupler we need is about $6000 to run the graphs and get specs. I'm trying to find someone who has one to help us out.

Hi Kaysen, are my root beer metallic with dark swirl face plates done yet?
wink_face.gif

Jan 24, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #2,542 of 3,191
  they are ready for shipping

Can't wait to receive them, they look amazing from the pics (from their facebook), InEarz have came a long way and I can say their finish and shine rivals other top tier CIEM manufacturers. I'll post impressions of them as soon as I receive them.

Did you get them yet?  I can't wait to hear what you think...they look awesome!  Question, are the filters still interchangeable?

Jan 24, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #2,543 of 3,191
Another update

I think I managed to get the fit right, but I'll give it another few days to test.

For some reason, I find the sound brighter than what it was before. Not sure if it's the new Nexus 5 that I'm using as the source, Fiio RC WT1 Cable or the reshelled IEMs. It has gotten really fatigueing for my ears on certain songs and I'll be trying out the black filters again and see how that works out. It's a good thing that InEarz didn't make the filters permanent.

Wondering too if the sound and comfort have changed to the better. Hopefully You are willing to share your thoughts on these. Thanks!

Jan 24, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #2,545 of 3,191
I was about to have my pfe molded when I saw @Ah-longs post. Those are great looking IEMs were my initial thoughts and still having the benefit of the filters but after reading his cons and yours I'm not that sure anymore and tend to keep mine iem.

Jan 24, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #2,546 of 3,191
I was about to have my pfe molded when I saw @Ah-longs post. Those are great looking IEMs were my initial thoughts and still having the benefit of the filters but after reading his cons and yours I'm not that sure anymore and tend to keep mine iem.

Reshell should be considered if you have fit issues or you really want to try customs. Inearz and other companies have their own models designed specifically with customs in mind. Sometimes having an universal is more "flexible" to some extend although (I admit) I really like my customs.    

Jan 31, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #2,549 of 3,191
Nice, I was wondering if they could pull off the JH16 and JH3a

Feb 3, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #2,550 of 3,191
Here's an update

The irritation has subsided, I've been alternating these with my TF10x6 by UM.

I find that the highs are less fatigueing but it sounds more like the PFE that I use to have but with a wider sound stage and better isolation. I went back and forth with the filters and stuck with the Grey filters.

I would suggest the remold to those who have a cracked PFE (known defect). I can move around quite a bit without breaking the seal on these.

I will also say that the finish and color is nicer than my TF10x6 by UM, props to InEarz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back