InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Mar 15, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #1,141 of 3,191
Just wondering if my ear impressions are done like 10 days ago, will it the mold change or anything? Furthermore, when its placed in the box and it get bumped around a little will the end result be ultimately affected? Thanks guys

Mar 15, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #1,142 of 3,191

Quote:
Just wondering if my ear impressions are done like 10 days ago, will it the mold change or anything? Furthermore, when its placed in the box and it get bumped around a little will the end result be ultimately affected? Thanks guys

No, some of the places even save impressions for a certain amount of time in case they get orders for more headphones. Not sure how long or if they all save them though.

Mar 15, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #1,143 of 3,191
As long as your audiologist used a silicone molding material it should be fine.

Quote:

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #1,145 of 3,191

Quote:
Personally, I don't think it is a good enough fix.  The water is just filling gaps that exist between the monitor shell and your canal, and shouldn't have to be used.  It seems you need a bit more acrylic on the monitor somewhere.

I don't know if the nailpolish solution is a good idea or not.  If it were me, I'd contact Kaysen and ask her advise.

Mmmm. Yeah, that sounds like good advice. I'm gonna give it a bit longer before I contact her. I think you're right though, I realize that when I open my mouth wide, the seal improves. Though, I almost think its because I can't push them in far enough. If I really give them a hard push (not to the point of pain), I can get a pretty good seal. Could this be the problem as well? I am new at this :frowning2:.

Mar 16, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #1,151 of 3,191

Quote:
Mmmm. Yeah, that sounds like good advice. I'm gonna give it a bit longer before I contact her. I think you're right though, I realize that when I open my mouth wide, the seal improves. Though, I almost think its because I can't push them in far enough. If I really give them a hard push (not to the point of pain), I can get a pretty good seal. Could this be the problem as well? I am new at this :frowning2:.

I guess if you don't push very hard, pushing them in a bit to achieve a better seal shouldn't do harm.  I guess it is very dependent on the shape of your ear canal.   After you press them, does the seal remain even if you talk or chew?

Mar 16, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #1,152 of 3,191

Quote:
I guess if you don't push very hard, pushing them in a bit to achieve a better seal shouldn't do harm.  I guess it is very dependent on the shape of your ear canal.   After you press them, does the seal remain even if you talk or chew?

Yeah, it's pretty consistent once I get them firmly in there. I have to really move my jaw around and contort it to get my headphones to come loose. Also, I did lose about 5lb since I got my impressions... do you that would do anything?

Mar 16, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #1,153 of 3,191
Sure why not I'm probably gonna get my Ety ER4S remolded down the road and it's "just a single armature."

Quote:
Thanks ! Do you think its a good idea to remold brainwavz B2 ?

Mar 17, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #1,155 of 3,191

Quote:
I contact her To the shipping , do you think I will pay  60 $ shipping because i'm french ?

Not because your French per se, but because your IN France :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back