InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Mar 15, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #1,126 of 3,191
o boy, looks like i need to get another impression made. Just compared the left and right, the one that fits good is a good bit wider than the one that doesn't. knew i should have remade that one, need to order some more impression material and send them off hopefully i can get that accomplished in 90 days 
frown.gif

Mar 15, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #1,128 of 3,191
Do you have access to an audiologist in your area? It's too late now, but having a professional deal with something as delicate and important as your ears and hearing would be worth the extra money to make sure it's done properly the first time… :x

Mar 15, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #1,129 of 3,191

Quote:
Do you have access to an audiologist in your area? It's too late now, but having a professional deal with something as delicate and important as your ears and hearing would be worth the extra money to make sure it's done properly the first time… :x

True but most of the time even when going to an audiologist people have to get refits. So this is not always the case. My ear impressions fit well but are too tight so I have to get them adjusted. I did them myself as well.

Mar 15, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #1,130 of 3,191
Just got my impressions done and am about to send into Fisher via the group buy!  I'm getting my TripleFi 10vi's reshelled (and hopefully repaired - i think some of the drivers are shot).  Anyone have recommendations in regards to keeping the stock connectors vs. replacing them with something else?  thanks!

Mar 15, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #1,133 of 3,191

Quote:
Tracking now says mine are out for delivery in GA, only problem is, I am not in GA.
biggrin.gif

please e-mail or call me first so that I know asap when things like this happen... I don't check the forum everyday. The package is in GA but they are going to redirect it to you... They can't explain why it is in GA and not where it is supposed to be. You will be getting a full refund on the shipping.

again please email me or call if there are problems (especially in shipping) that I need to take care of asap!!

Mar 15, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #1,134 of 3,191

Quote:
please e-mail or call me first so that I know asap when things like this happen... I don't check the forum everyday. The package is in GA but they are going to redirect it to you... They can't explain why it is in GA and not where it is supposed to be. You will be getting a full refund on the shipping.

again please email me or call if there are problems (especially in shipping) that I need to take care of asap!!

CRAP, I thought the tracking may just be wrong. I guess I wont be getting mine today lol.

Mar 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #1,135 of 3,191
So call this weird, but I was working out with my reshells last night. The sweat actually completed the seal. I must say it does sound better. I tried moistening the tips with saliva this morning, and I felt like it did the trick! 

Is this a good enough fix? Maybe I'll do what others suggested and apply the nailpolish trick...

Mar 15, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #1,136 of 3,191

Quote:
So call this weird, but I was working out with my reshells last night. The sweat actually completed the seal. I must say it does sound better. I tried moistening the tips with saliva this morning, and I felt like it did the trick! 

Is this a good enough fix? Maybe I'll do what others suggested and apply the nailpolish trick...

Spit in your ear, GROSS.
beyersmile.png

Mar 15, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #1,138 of 3,191

Quote:
Haha, it works though! It's such a small thing.. I don't really want to send it for a refit. Also, I saw that your order got mixed up. That sucks but at least you'll be getting it soon! 

Fisher sent out 18 items that day, they all went to GA except 1 that was sent overnight. So, poor Kaysen has been busy getting it fixed. I guess on the bright side, I will get $18.50 back for shipping.

Mar 15, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #1,139 of 3,191

Quote:
Fisher sent out 18 items that day, they all went to GA except 1 that was sent overnight. So, poor Kaysen has been busy getting it fixed. I guess on the bright side, I will get $18.50 back for shipping.

Whaaaat? UPS really messed something up... or maybe Kaysen put on the wrong area code hahaha 
tongue.gif

Mar 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #1,140 of 3,191

Quote:

Personally, I don't think it is a good enough fix.  The water is just filling gaps that exist between the monitor shell and your canal, and shouldn't have to be used.  It seems you need a bit more acrylic on the monitor somewhere.

I don't know if the nailpolish solution is a good idea or not.  If it were me, I'd contact Kaysen and ask her advise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back