InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread
Apr 25, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #1,697 of 3,191

Quote:
Huh... Now I'm curious... I just want the sound to be as close to the original ES5 ad possible, but now I don't know whether the ES5 started off as a triple or dual bore... As I said, the ES5 I received was done by Variphone and was dual bore, and yes, one of the bores seemed larger than the other, though it's been out of my possession for a few days now, so I can't verify. Maybe we should ask around to see if other ES5 owners have a dual or triple bore setup? If its originally triple, I'll have to call Fisher tomorrow and request that it be changed to triple. I'm just not sure why Variphone would make them dual bore if they are originally triple bore per Westone's specs?
EDIT: After poking around for a bit, I have found evidence that supports the fact that the ES5 is in fact, a dual bore design. If you go to the ES5 product page over at Westone there is an icon that denotes that the ES5 features "dual bore technology". You can find that same symbol on their "technology" page. I now wonder what a triple bore design would do to the sound...

You're right. I just checked the Westone ES5 thread and it mentions the double bore. Weird! I could have sworn it had triple bores.

Apr 25, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #1,698 of 3,191
Ok I don't feel so bad now.  Kaysen said she would call me on Friday when they are done.  Getting pumped!
Quote:

You're right. I just checked the Westone ES5 thread and it mentions the double bore. Weird! I could have sworn it had triple bores.

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #1,701 of 3,191

Quote:
Does your IEM cause any part of your ear to feel "sore" after 40+ min. of use?

Mine does.. is it worth getting a refit over @ Fisher?

IMO, it's harder to get over the idea of sending them in. I think it's worth it to get it as perfect as possible. If it continues to bother you and you foresee it being an issue, better get it dealt with early than late. If its a seal problem, it may change as you play around with insertion technique and fit. Is it painful inside your ear or outside?

-edit- i think thats what watagump meant... cryptically haha.

Apr 26, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #1,702 of 3,191

Quote:

IMO, it's harder to get over the idea of sending them in. I think it's worth it to get it as perfect as possible. If it continues to bother you and you foresee it being an issue, better get it dealt with early than late. If its a seal problem, it may change as you play around with insertion technique and fit. Is it painful inside your ear or outside?

-edit- i think thats what watagump meant... cryptically haha.

I just meant if pain is something he likes, then yes keep them. I look at it this way, if shoes you bought hurt your feet, would you keep those? I cant speak for anyone else, but any pain with mine would make me send them back. They are not suppose to hurt at all, ZERO, ZIP, NADA.

Apr 26, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #1,703 of 3,191

Quote:
Does your IEM cause any part of your ear to feel "sore" after 40+ min. of use?

Mine does.. is it worth getting a refit over @ Fisher?

I'm getting pain on my anthelix area, when I raise my brows or something that causes the seal to break and also pain, so I'm pretty positive that's the part that is messing up my seal and also causing my discomfort. So I'll have to send it in soon.

Apr 26, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #1,705 of 3,191
Ugh I wish it would hurry up and be Friday, then Monday lol

Apr 26, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #1,707 of 3,191

Quote:
Ugh I wish it would hurry up and be Friday, then Monday lol

Are you getting yours overnighted? I'm interested to hear your impressions on your JH16's. I really enjoyed my ES5's but I don't have a golden ear by any means.

Kaysen said my refits will be done within a week, so I hope that means I'll have them back at the end of next week... One can hope haha.

Apr 27, 2012 at 7:13 AM Post #1,709 of 3,191
Does anyone know if a audiologist generally charges for shaving the customs? I'm thinking maybe I should take my monitors to the audiologist I went to because I'm not really sure what is bothering me because it varies from time to time, if I push it in to complete the seal then my anthelix hurts but if I put it in where my anthelix does not hurt, I don't get a seal. It's really odd and I don't know what is the real problem, my guess would be that it's the anthelix part of the monitors that is causing all the problems but I'm not really certain.

Apr 27, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #1,710 of 3,191

Quote:
Does anyone know if a audiologist generally charges for shaving the customs? I'm thinking maybe I should take my monitors to the audiologist I went to because I'm not really sure what is bothering me because it varies from time to time, if I push it in to complete the seal then my anthelix hurts but if I put it in where my anthelix does not hurt, I don't get a seal. It's really odd and I don't know what is the real problem, my guess would be that it's the anthelix part of the monitors that is causing all the problems but I'm not really certain.

It depends on the audiologist. I would guess they charge something. Easiest way to find out would be to just call and ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back