indeed G2
Jan 23, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #31 of 86
Hi i got my G2 today ( the 12au7 ) and the sound is very very low even if i go to the max,

Can this be a valve problem ??

Given that it too almost 1 and a half months to arrive, I don't think I will ask them for a new one.

Can someone advice me on a good valve that goes well with the HD 650 ??

Thanks in advanced :)

Jan 23, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #32 of 86
What do you have as a source?
Maybe the volume on the source is turned down?

Quote:
Hi i got my G2 today ( the 12au7 ) and the sound is very very low even if i go to the max,

Can this be a valve problem ??

Given that it too almost 1 and a half months to arrive, I don't think I will ask them for a new one.

Can someone advice me on a good valve that goes well with the HD 650 ??

Thanks in advanced :)

Jan 23, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #33 of 86
Try hitting the input selector switch.  Just make sure its turned down first.

Jan 23, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #34 of 86
I'm dumb, 

Thanks for the help

Just now saw the botton to select input ..... 

Now can someone advice me on some good valves ?

Jan 24, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #35 of 86
My favorite is the Sylvania 5814A Goldbrand.  Smoothest mids, slightly rolled off highs.

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #36 of 86
Thanks, I will try to get one from ebay! 

I'm amazed with the power of this amp, I have the volume almost all way down.

Feb 1, 2011 at 8:26 AM Post #37 of 86

Quote:
Keep reading those tube sites. IMO, the 6n23p (at least those from the 1980s) is the best tube for the money in these amps, and the G2 is the best of these amps for the money out there.

Damn. I had, for some reason, thought of ordering 6922 (gold) version. Then I asked from Indeed what tube I should choose, and they suggested 6N11. And now you tell that 6N23P would propably be the best one :)

During last few weeks I have learned that my receiver does not output digitally imported sound to analog outputs -> I need a DAC. I have also learned that Denon uses (at least AVR-1909 model) it's "main amp" for headphone output also, there are just some resistors in between.. So sound should be quite ok.. I don't know what this site has done to me, since I'm still thinking of ordering DAC + amp that cost more than my headphones, just to make a tiny little adjustment to the sound, that, for all I know, might be so little I'm not going to even hear it :D

(The question I send to Indeed: [size=10pt]I have Sennheiser HD 598 headphones. I love their WIDE soundstage and clarity, but bottom end and overall warmth are not so exellent. They are a little too bright to my taste. I'm going to order G2 amp, if it'd improve their sound more to my liking. What tube you would recommend for me: 6922, 6N23P or 6N11?)[/size]

Feb 6, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #39 of 86
Thought I'd post a picture here in Lecky's thread of what to my ears is the Indeed G2 mod with most impact on sound quality (significantly higher resolution, more clarity, lower noise floor, crosstalk gone and more output power), the separate heater power supply:

The procedure is designed and described by Solderdude (from Rock Grotto forum) in his tutorial:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ccw7g2f8u9....fier%28f%29.pdf

Aug 15, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #40 of 86
Need to replace my broken AC/DC adapter for my Indeed 6922EH

Input 100-240 1.8A 50-60Hz
Output DC24 volt 2A MAX

Any idea on where i could find this in the U.S.A. ?

Aug 15, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #41 of 86
Looking for an amp sub-100 to mod, is this this the one? and, when modded, could it compare to an amp like the little dot mk IV se? I was going to splurge for the little dot but I would like to know how this matches up... :)

Sep 5, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #42 of 86
Here is my Indeed G2 mounted on my DIY solid oak base. Makes it solidly immobile:

Indeed G2 MKII mounted on 3" thick solid oak base (6" square)
Although not clear in photo, bottom half of base is mirror image of top half. Stain is Colonial Maple + 5 coats of polyurathane.
Central bolt ties lower perspex to base with recessed nut & 4 booties between perspex & base.
Whole assembly sits on 4 sorbathane footers. It is rock solid. Uses 1 x 12AU7 RCA black plate.

Sep 5, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #43 of 86

Quote:
Great info here. Looks like this would be a great first step into tubes for me.  I was on the fence about it until now, and just like my cars and computers, I will be modding it!

I do have one question before I buy the G2.  Do you guys think pairing it up with some 600ohm Beyerdynamic DT770 would be a bad idea? Or is there plenty of power?  Thanks. 

My Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 250-Ohm works just fine with my Indeed 6922EH G2.
I'm going to guess it will work with the 600-Ohm.
Email the guys at Indeed, ask them.

Sep 5, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #44 of 86

Quote:
Need to replace my broken AC/DC adapter for my Indeed 6922EH

Input 100-240 1.8A 50-60Hz
Output DC24 volt 2A MAX

Any idea on where i could find this in the U.S.A. ?

Finally had to order one from China, $18 and 10 days wait.

So the replacement AC/DC adapter arrived, Indeed still not working, even swapped tubes,
Wonder if I have any warrenty left on it?

Sep 5, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #45 of 86
To any that do not know, you can buy a Digital Multimeter DT830B for around $6.
Use it to adjust and match the right and left voltages on the any of those (Indeed, Muse, etc.) single tube headphone amplifiers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back