indeed G2
Apr 1, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #77 of 86
Quote:
RCA's are justifiably "real," IMO.

ok that's nice? but what r u talking about... you know the indeed is a hybrid tube... I'm looking forward to getting a fully tube tube, with them POWER tubes lol 

Apr 1, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #79 of 86
Quote:
Oh, you mean a tube AMP, that doesn't use an op-amp to provide most of the current. Have you looked into the amp I have, yet?

which would be <3

No I've looked at a few dark voices and some LIttle Dot MK Iv's. I'll need something to power HE 500's though so I gatta go BIG, but first I need my own place q.q 

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #80 of 86
Well I have no idea if it'll power the obnoxiously power-hungry HE-500 (FWIRead), but it does an ample job with my Q701s... About 60% volume position of the nice fatty knob Zigis builds them by hand tho, so you might be able to ask him if he could raise the gain or something. The HE-400 that Mad loaned me sounded best on Zigis' amp, the tube richness brought back some presence in the mids.

It's not a very large-sized amp, but it's nice as far as desktops go:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/402067/a-super-simple-6dj8-headphone-amp/450#post_9308714

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #81 of 86
Quote:
Well I have no idea if it'll power the obnoxiously power-hungry HE-500 (FWIRead), but it does an ample job with my Q701s... About 60% volume position of the nice fatty knob Zigis builds them by hand tho, so you might be able to ask him if he could raise the gain or something. The HE-400 that Mad loaned me sounded best on Zigis' amp, the tube richness brought back some presence in the mids.

It's not a very large-sized amp, but it's nice as far as desktops go:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/402067/a-super-simple-6dj8-headphone-amp/450#post_9308714

yea it looks ncie but I'm done with budget amps, again I need my own place as I use to much power in the old house im in... my land lord get's kinda pissed at me for having 3 desktop amps [2 hybrids and a solid state] SO in a year or so when I'm not BROKE I'll get me a BIG boi tube a nice $300 one or so, not a big fan of schiit and that's only because of the price and it's compeitors, used Dark Voices and Little Dots still manage to get JUST as nice reviews and some how be cheaper, although I really should buy AMERICAN but I'd rather not >.> 

Non the less nice post, and did I mention I really dig my Millet WhipMod hybrid xD for low impedance cans it's a winner! 

Apr 6, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #82 of 86
It's not a budget amp, at $220 I'm fairly comfortable saying it's a high value middle-range amp. Still, glad you enjoy your Millet!

(That's a lot of amps(I had 4 to choose from myself as of last week XD))

Apr 6, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #83 of 86
Quote:
It's not a budget amp, at $220 I'm fairly comfortable saying it's a high value middle-range amp. Still, glad you enjoy your Millet!

(That's a lot of amps(I had 4 to choose from myself as of last week XD))

$220 is not bad but I would stil call that low range, Mid range for me starts at $300+ unless you built it your self, in which case u get it super cheap and then you';d have a mid range amp

non the less yea I'm done with amps for a whiule

sadly I hae to buy a new phone to so >.> there goes any new purchases lol 

Apr 8, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #84 of 86
Just for grins, I googled "indeed g2." The first image shown is my modified G2 from this thread. I'm sooo proud. Time to tear the guts out of it...

Apr 10, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #85 of 86
Quote:
Just for grins, I googled "indeed g2." The first image shown is my modified G2 from this thread. I'm sooo proud. Time to tear the guts out of it...

congrats <3, I'd love for some one to make a wood enclousure for this, I have no time to make one my self sadly 

Apr 14, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #86 of 86
Ugh so guys I have an issue with my Indeed G3, the Rca In's are getting flaky. I'm noticing a drop in one the left channel. I've tested my cables my odac ect... ect... and it's not that

so any tips for well replacing the Rca ins? A buddy of mine is pretty knowledgeable with eletronics and works for an electronics company, so I'm thinking of just removing and soddering some new ones into it... any other mods I should do! I'm already going to have to replace one thing might as well replace and upgrade a few others 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back