Indeed & Bravo Amp: Tube Roller's Scorecard
Mar 23, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #18 of 28
ive got an indeed, i think there was really only one version. ive only rolled one tube other than the stock Chinese military and thats what has acquired a couple hundred hours of use, Jan Sylvania 7308. this tube just really cleaned everything up and brought some nice balance from low freq to high. stock to this tube comparison, stock sounds muddy... this amp has been a good stepping stone to an amp i'll keep for years to come.

Apr 4, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #19 of 28
I just counted 38 various 6dj8 or equivalents on the shelf next to my "listening chair." My rarest is a D-getter PCC88 Miniwatt that I bring out about once a month. I have a pristine E88CC/01 Mully, too, among other Mullies. It's worth more than the modified amp. I have several Siemens, both 6922s and 6dj8s, original and rebranded. I have a bunch of Ampies, A-frames and Bugle Boys, some PQs. I have a couple of decent NOS Teslas that I'm pretty sure really are old Czech tubes. I have a beautiful Tele PCC88 that is light, sweet and almost ephemeral in presentation.

The most expensive tube I have cost $20 plus shipping. It's an RCA branded Siemens 6922. The current tube in service is a Mully E88CC... clean, rich caramel. My latest coup is a Treble Clef Bugle Boy that I won for $3 with $4 for shipping. It's balanced and very warm. Life is good...

May 2, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #20 of 28
Over 40 now with three 7308 rebranded Sylvanias in route. Today's flavor: Amperex Heerlen E88CC PQ. Strong forward vocals with wonderful balanced imaging and range. Perfect for an afternoon of ballads...

May 4, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Judge Buff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just counted 38 various 6dj8 or equivalents on the shelf next to my "listening chair." My rarest is a D-getter PCC88 Miniwatt that I bring out about once a month. I have a pristine E88CC/01 Mully, too, among other Mullies. It's worth more than the modified amp. I have several Siemens, both 6922s and 6dj8s, original and rebranded. I have a bunch of Ampies, A-frames and Bugle Boys, some PQs. I have a couple of decent NOS Teslas that I'm pretty sure really are old Czech tubes. I have a beautiful Tele PCC88 that is light, sweet and almost ephemeral in presentation.

The most expensive tube I have cost $20 plus shipping. It's an RCA branded Siemens 6922. The current tube in service is a Mully E88CC... clean, rich caramel. My latest coup is a Treble Clef Bugle Boy that I won for $3 with $4 for shipping. It's balanced and very warm. Life is good...

Where are you getting your tubes from? I can't see anything cheap on ebay. Most I see on auction or over 20$ for 6922 tubes.

May 4, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where are you getting your tubes from? I can't see anything cheap on ebay. Most I see on auction or over 20$ for 6922 tubes.

I do the maths: Patience + Luck + Ebay = cheap tube
k701smile.gif

May 4, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #23 of 28
Bravo

JAN 6DJ8 GTE Sylvania 1978 - liquid and open
Mullard 6DJ8 1970's - more lush at the expense of the openness of the JAN Sylvania

May 4, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got two older Siemens (Siemen & Halske, the good tubes) for $13 inc shipping off of the Bay today...

May 13, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #25 of 28
Hey how ya doing. I gave my brother one of my amps, the Indeed with a Phillips Miniwatt tube. Also gave him a pair of Sennheiser 201's. Later that day I got an email saying this new stuff kicks a**. Another one hooked on the stuff. I think I'll give him the Sennheiser 448's to really set the hook.

I kept the Bravo.

May 14, 2010 at 12:25 PM Post #26 of 28
LOL! I've got to get my friends listing back up... I have a new sweet Miniwatt that I got for peanuts. Looking to get a new G2 for Pa Day. It's too bad that your Indeed never treated you right, but I'm glad your brother loves it!

Quote:
Hey how ya doing. I gave my brother one of my amps, the Indeed with a Phillips Miniwatt tube. Also gave him a pair of Sennheiser 201's. Later that day I got an email saying this new stuff kicks a**. Another one hooked on the stuff. I think I'll give him the Sennheiser 448's to really set the hook.

I kept the Bravo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back