In the market for new IEMs
Oct 25, 2010 at 11:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Zambo44

New Head-Fier
I'm an audio noob.  Right now I have the Zune Premiums that came with my zune 80.  I like them but I think it's time for an upgrade.  I definitely want more bass, but I'm not sure how much more.  For instance i'm not sure if the hippo vb's would be too much.  I'm willing to spend up to $100 or so.  So far I've been looking at the VB's, the RE-0/Zero, and the Panasonic hje900.  I've heard good things about all of them.  I have no idea what "sound signature" I like.  Where do I start??  Any suggestions?

Oct 26, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #3 of 4
RE0/ZERO will not have more bass than the Zune Premiums. Better quality - yes; quantity - no. If you're not sure how much more bass you'd like, I'd go with a safe choice such as the Thinksound TS02 or Brainwavz M2. The VB and HJE900 have the potential to satisfy more but they aren't for everyone, much like the RE0/ZERO.

Oct 26, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #4 of 4
M2s have more bass and are warmer than the ZEROs. ZEROs have better detail and mids more forward and better highs. Their both nice IEMs, but both quite different to each other

Users who are viewing this thread

Back