In praise of Canz3D, crossfeed for MacOSX
May 22, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #16 of 42
Anyone have any issues getting Jack to work with the Pico DAC? If I switch the Jack Server interface to the USB DAC, it crashes when I try to start it. I have Canz working with the trial version of Audio Hijack Pro, but I'd rather use something free
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, let me add MacBook -> Canz3d -> Pico Amp/DAC -> ES3x = fantastic.

May 26, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #17 of 42
is there something this good for PC

May 28, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #18 of 42
Pressing "b" in AU Lab.app isn't a real A/B test. When you press "b" it sounds really bad and weird, because it's some other setting from AU Lab.app... In order to hear the real difference, you have to choose between outputs in the "Connections Manager" in JackPilot.

To those who can't get it to work: I had the same problem, you just have to make sure "JackRouter" is selected in Audio MIDI Setup. I also had to go throw the first steps again before "JackRouter" showed up as an option.

Jul 26, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #19 of 42
I just tried canz3d out, but the music is still coming from within my head. In addition, the quality of the music seems to have been degraded a bit by canz3d. The marginal improvement in soundstage just doesn't justify using canz3d for me.

Anyone has a thought on this, maybe I my setting is wrong, please advise.

Jul 26, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #20 of 42
I think HeadPlug for pc is also very tweakable.

Aug 9, 2009 at 11:50 AM Post #21 of 42
Just purchased this and put it into Audio Hijack Pro...although I knew this beforehand, there are way too many options for me to tweak with...

On Foobar I remember having a Crossfeed plugin that had one slider to set (maybe two), this has 20 though, so 'just screwing with it untill it's right' is almost impossible.

So my question is: does anyone have a reasonable preset for it? I find the 'full blown' preset way too much, I just need a little blending, not a simulation of Royal Albert Hall
wink.gif
Or can I forget about most of the slidersand just kingle with two or three of them?

Aug 9, 2009 at 12:49 PM Post #23 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you could try this VST plugin, I personally like it a lot: Vellocet - Software - VNoPhones

Thanks fpor the tip
smily_headphones1.gif
However, how do I use this? After extracing I get a HTML file and a 52kb file without extension? Adding .vst doesn't help; Audio Hijack Pro does not recognize it...

Aug 10, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #27 of 42
Hello guys, I followed the steps, and I almost got it to work, just one small problem, In the connections manager (Jackpilot) Under receive ports there is AU lab but no System???? the system is under send ports and not receive ports, anybody know why this is happening? thanks,
confused.gif

Sep 1, 2009 at 8:39 AM Post #28 of 42
same thing happened to me

Sep 1, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #29 of 42
Just noticed this post.

I am a believer in crossfeed and as such bought an SPL Phonitor which is a headphone amp for studio mixing with corssfeed, speaker angle, and center level.

It looks like this program does much the same but also lets you play with room size and speaker position. There is also a greater range of adjustment. I am not sure if the extra tweakability is a good or bad thing.

Anyway, I will have to try this and see how it compares in terms of fidelity with the Phonitor.

Sep 1, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #30 of 42
I just bought this software, its pretty amazing, certainly worth the 10 dollars, Im going to have so much fun tomorrow at work.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back