In praise of Canz3D, crossfeed for MacOSX
Sep 4, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #31 of 42
I've been using Canz 3d for a while through Audio Hijack Pro (along with apEQ for equalisation), and it seems good, although the reverb which seems to come from room settings is a no no. I wonder if other users would share the settings they have. I've not set mine with too much thought, and frankly don't understand many of the settings, but it seems to work ok, so to start off, but without suggesting that my settings are in any way definitive:

master: 0.89
speaker: 0.89
live: 0
Dead: 0
Balance: 0.51
Blend: 0.61
Shape: 1
Delay: 0
Spkr tap: 0.78
Live tap: 0.14
Dead tap: 0.14
Live ACL: 0.4
Dead ACL: 0.4
Live ACH: 0.61
Dead ACH:0.61
Live ATF: 0.61
Dead ATF:0.03
Head Size:0.46
Spkr Angle: 0.79
Spkr Spc: 0
Frnt Spc: 0
Side Spc: 0
Back Spc: 0
Flor Spc: 0
Ceil Spc: 0
Snd Sped: 0

As I say I don't pretend to understand what I've done, but it seems ok at this, what's your preferred setting?

Sep 4, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #32 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by lecky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been using Canz 3d for a while through Audio Hijack Pro (along with apEQ for equalisation), and it seems good, although the reverb which seems to come from room settings is a no no. I wonder if other users would share the settings they have. I've not set mine with too much thought, and frankly don't understand many of the settings, but it seems to work ok, so to start off, but without suggesting that my settings are in any way definitive:

master: 0.89
speaker: 0.89
live: 0
Dead: 0
Balance: 0.51
Blend: 0.61
Shape: 1
Delay: 0
Spkr tap: 0.78
Live tap: 0.14
Dead tap: 0.14
Live ACL: 0.4
Dead ACL: 0.4
Live ACH: 0.61
Dead ACH:0.61
Live ATF: 0.61
Dead ATF:0.03
Head Size:0.46
Spkr Angle: 0.79
Spkr Spc: 0
Frnt Spc: 0
Side Spc: 0
Back Spc: 0
Flor Spc: 0
Ceil Spc: 0
Snd Sped: 0

As I say I don't pretend to understand what I've done, but it seems ok at this, what's your preferred setting?

Thanks for sharing. I use it the same way, and I'll take a look at my settings later (1-2 days) and report back. There is another way to get reverb using a different plug-in that sometimes works better, but I forget which one I was using (not the three slider reverb one, but it has like 10 settings). This other one doesn't seem to boost the upper bass like Can3D, which then makes any headphones sound like a small bookshelf acoustic suspension speaker.

Dec 8, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #33 of 42
Bumping this because I think it is a very useful app.  Canz3D just works, and is a great plugin.  The number of parameters can be daunting, but I think most will find a preset that they like... or at least use as a starting point.

I also love Audio Hijack Pro as a conduit for effects (such as Canz3D) to be used with iTunes.  There is a huge variety of tweaks and effects out there, most are free via public domain.  I particularly like the EQ plugins.  Since I use all digital output into FiiO, the iTunes EQ is out of the loop.  Audio Hijack gives me that option back.

And not just for iTunes music - Audio Hijack can record anything played through the computer.  I am in the process of recording all my DVD Audio discs into lossless MP3's.  Not bad...

Dec 8, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #34 of 42

Quote:
Bumping this because I think it is a very useful app.  Canz3D just works, and is a great plugin.  The number of parameters can be daunting, but I think most will find a preset that they like... or at least use as a starting point.

I also love Audio Hijack Pro as a conduit for effects (such as Canz3D) to be used with iTunes.  There is a huge variety of tweaks and effects out there, most are free via public domain.  I particularly like the EQ plugins.  Since I use all digital output into FiiO, the iTunes EQ is out of the loop.  Audio Hijack gives me that option back.

And not just for iTunes music - Audio Hijack can record anything played through the computer.  I am in the process of recording all my DVD Audio discs into lossless MP3's.  Not bad...

confused_face%281%29.gif

Apr 12, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #36 of 42
Does this still work for newer versions of Mac OS X?

Apr 12, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #37 of 42
No one knows?

Apr 16, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #39 of 42
Figured out the problem.

Apr 16, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #40 of 42
MIDI problem.

Apr 9, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #41 of 42
Wake up!  :)

Anyone using Canz3D with 10.10.x? I just started playing with Audio Hijack and Canz3D is installed, but not showing in Audio HIjack. Think this might be a 64bit issue?

May 16, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #42 of 42
Reviving this ancient thread... Wow, look at all these cobwebs...

Kind of drifted away from Canz3D after one MacOS update or another broke it somewhere along the line (and Vox came out with a player that had good built in crossfeed) but was reminded of it by a crossfeed thread on audiocircle. Downloaded and installed the 2.5 beta, which worked, but it came without the readme file which means I now have the three-minute cutoff. Anybody have that file or remember how to enter the registration code? Because it's a plug, there's no pop-up menu or the like.

Reason I'm looking into this again is to be able to us it with Tidal on my Mac by way of Audio Hijack. Local files I can just play through Vox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back