In Ear Monitors: Love or Hate?
Jul 9, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #17 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm never putting anything that deep in my ear

that's what she said. no but seriously iems are pretty good. a little steep price-wise i think, but they do sound pretty good plus don't need too much power to boot

Jul 9, 2008 at 3:55 AM Post #19 of 49
I have a pair of Shure E3Cs, and they are terribly uncomfortable after about 30 minutes of use. I've tried different tips, but they all end up bugging me.

I only use them when I fly, and for that, despite the discomfort, they are great.

I voted "no" because I hate them rather than love them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 9, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #20 of 49
I really didn't enjoy my experience with IEM's. Granted I had some pretty sub par shure E2C's, but I tried every tip they provided and others that were made by someone else and I found them all pretty uncomfortable. I also have an insane amount of ear wax, so the foam tips which I preferred became pretty gross in no tme.

Jul 9, 2008 at 7:30 AM Post #21 of 49
I voted no, but keep a pair of Shure e3cs for travel. They're convenient and sound pretty good.

For serious listening, however, I want vacuum tubes, full-sized cans, speakers, or best of all, earspeakers.

Jul 9, 2008 at 7:57 AM Post #23 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by acameron56 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also have an insane amount of ear wax, so the foam tips which I preferred became pretty gross in no tme.

yeah, the foam tips can be an earwax magnet. Plus they're harder to clean without trashing them. Silicone tips are nice because they won't get ruined like foam can if it gets wet.

I found a good way to clean the foam tips. Put a little Isopropyl Alcohol into a small cup. Make a regular cue tip cotton swab damp and wipe down the foam tip(after it is removed from the driver of course). Then gently pat-dry the tip wit a piece of toilet paper. Just don't soak the foam too much. That way the foam tips are sanitized.

Jul 9, 2008 at 10:18 AM Post #24 of 49
So much info in wrong forums. Why don't you people use the correct forum?
smily_headphones1.gif
I thought it was good to split the IEMs from headphones so you iem users can lurk away from my sight. Sorry, I sound bit flamey today :8
ok, I realize I could ignore these threads like I did in the old days so I ****!

Jul 9, 2008 at 12:36 PM Post #25 of 49
I really envy all u people who use and enjoy iems. I loved the isolation and there was a feeling that the sound was coming almost from inside my head, which was weird at first, but which gradually I came to like a lot

I just couldnt adjust to the pain after I took them off, and there was the small matter of the ear infection as well....

Jul 9, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #27 of 49
after trying only mylarone x3 and x3i (and ibuds, bose in-ear), i didnt like iem's.
when newegg was selling im716 for 20 bucks, i decided to give iem's another try.
i was very surprised at its sq, and have been enjoying it a lot. lately, i've been reading about the triple-fi's. *sigh*

Jul 9, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #29 of 49
when compared to full size headphones. not many iem's compare. at the moment i don't own any iem's, but i will in the future
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #30 of 49
I voted yes because I use them every day during my mass transit commute. I only use them when I need isolation or hearing protection, otherwise, I use full size cans. I've never found full sized cans that isolate as well as my UM1, which doesn't isolate that well compared to other IEMs.

For those who don't like putting things way down your ear, the UM1 is ideal. I also have an E3c and im716. I can't use either of them 8 month out of the year due to allergies. I've never had a problem with the UM1 because it just barely goes into your ear canal. The UM2 has the same fit, and from looking at pictures, the Klipsch Custom1/2/3 and the top end Shures look like they have a similar form factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back