In Ear Monitors: Love or Hate?
Jun 25, 2008 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

nickdawg

500+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickdawg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IEMs/in ear headphones have been a popular topic. Several posts and threads have been made about them from asking for recommendations to offering advice and generally praising them. Several posts and threads have also been made disliking them, even some debates and bogus information about ear damage.

So my question is: Do you use IEMs or not? If yes, feel free to discuss which ones you use or like and if you don't, discuss why not. Should be interesting to get some numbers on this.

I know I did this in the IEM section, but I want to try it in the main forum as well to get results more representative of the Head-Fi population. It also fits here since can users can also use IEMs, they're great b/c portability for on the go.

Let's see what we can get...
------------------------------------
I cast my vote. I love them!! The sound and isolation cannot be beat.

Jun 25, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 49
Love my Ety's, but hate Avenged Sevenfold, so I guess that means I have to die? *sigh*...that's a bit harsh...

Jun 25, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #3 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love my Ety's, but hate Avenged Sevenfold, so I guess that means I have to die? *sigh*...that's a bit harsh...

Nah, you are a fan of good quality audio. That's good in my book. No dying here!
biggrin.gif

Jun 25, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #4 of 49
*phew*...ok, good, although AS may beg to differ, lol.

Jun 25, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #5 of 49
My listening time: 75/80% IEM - 25/20% Head Phones.

Um, guess that's a solid 'yes' then.

Edit\ oh and let me guess -Avenged Sevenfold - Metal by any chance?

Jun 25, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #6 of 49
LOL...from Wiki:
"Avenged Sevenfold's material ranges across many genres, often leaving the concept of genres altogether (especially in their most recent album). For example, Avenged Sevenfold's debut Sounding the Seventh Trumpet consisted almost entirely of a metalcore sound, however consisted of several deviations to this genre, most notably in "Streets" which adopts a Punk style, and "Warmness on the Soul", which consists of mainly piano, and could be considered soft rock. Avenged Sevenfold's self-titled album, again, consists of several deviations to less consistent genres and styles, most notably in "Dear God", which adopts a country style, and "A Little Piece of Heaven", which includes elements of Broadway show tunes, using primarily brass instruments and stringed orchestra to take over most of the role of the lead and rhythm guitar. The band has, though, changed considerably since its first album, which was characterized as very heavy, to being more of a hard rock type band."

So, essentially, they are pretentious mall punx, lol...

Sorry Nick, no offence intended...just messin'! Don't mean to disparage your musical tastes...

Jun 25, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #8 of 49
I voted no. I enjoyed them as much as I could until the irritation wore me down and had to give them up completely. Yeah, I'm one of "those guys."

Jun 25, 2008 at 11:35 PM Post #9 of 49
Hmmm....'pretentious mall punx'....sounds like Jane's Addiction....
wink.gif

Apologies -on with the thread!

Jun 25, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #10 of 49
I think they are great. High end audio with sound isolation with almost no footprint...

Jun 26, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #11 of 49
I love my IEMs, Great sound while tuning the world out, what's there to not like?

Jun 26, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #14 of 49
Like for convenience, but wouldn't use them at home during daytime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back