In Ear headphones
Jun 15, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #17 of 35
Link to the FiiO E07k amp you're talking about? #Toolazytogoogleit

http://www.amazon.de/FiiO-E07K-tragbarer-Kopfh%C3%B6rer-Verst%C3%A4rker/dp/B00A9LHLQ6/

I'm not sure how expensive that is since I'm only familiar with US currency... Over here you can find em between $65-$90 USD

Jun 15, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #19 of 35
This is what it looks like with my ipod

Jun 15, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #21 of 35
Ahhhhh, so thats how it works! What else can the amp provide?

Much more power than your ipod. It provides a more full sound, extended treble and more pronounced bass.. And that's just playing without EQ. The amp also has 3 different gain settings to adjust from easy to drive IEMs to hard to drive full size headphones, as well as its own EQ for treble and bass, which will work on top of an EQ already playing from your device. It also gives you ear bleeding volume if you crank it to its max volume output at 60.

Jun 15, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #22 of 35
amps mostly provide more power.  by more power i dont mean more volume though they can do that too.  some IEM's and headphones need a powerful amp for them to be their best but the IE80 isnt really one of them.  however an amp and also additional impedance can make them truly sing.

but get the IE80's first then think about an amp.  also for them i really wouldnt go with the E7 as its a bit of a warm amp and the senns go mugch better mith a cooler amp.  something like the Icon Mobile is a great pairing and really makes its treble truly outstanding.  still get them first and then come back on here and describe how they sound to you and what direction you want to take them in.  i would be surprised if you find the bass lacking on them but if you do amps with a bass boost like the E7 can offer up more.

ahh ipod 4G yeah using the line out and into an amp will greatly improve what you get over its hp out, its hp out was rubbish.

Jun 15, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #23 of 35
Sounds worth buying to me. Even though the IE 80's sounds (haha "sounds") very good i think i will be getting the Denon AH-C300 because they are on sale for only 150$ and i do not have that much more money than that. And thanks to all for the help everyone, i will go look at this page when i'll be buying some in a couple of weeks. If something new pops up which could help me feel free to write in this post any time!:)

Jun 15, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #24 of 35
  amps mostly provide more power.  by more power i dont mean more volume though they can do that too.  some IEM's and headphones need a powerful amp for them to be their best but the IE80 isnt really one of them.  however an amp and also additional impedance can make them truly sing.

but get the IE80's first then think about an amp.  also for them i really wouldnt go with the E7 as its a bit of a warm amp and the senns go mugch better mith a cooler amp.  something like the Icon Mobile is a great pairing and really makes its treble truly outstanding.  still get them first and then come back on here and describe how they sound to you and what direction you want to take them in.  i would be surprised if you find the bass lacking on them but if you do amps with a bass boost like the E7 can offer up more.

ahh ipod 4G yeah using the line out and into an amp will greatly improve what you get over its hp out, its hp out was rubbish.

Agreed. I only mentioned the amp because I mentioned having the Westone W3 and I tried to see how well it would take EQ from the E07k. It worked really well. Gave me some nice thumping bass, and I was able to tone it waaaaay down when I didn't need it. That ipod HP out was pretty bad though. Dull and thin sounding. I just recently picked up an AK120 here on the classifieds though, so the ipod isn't going to get much use unless I'm traveling around to places outside my city. The AK120 is a phenomenal improvement.

Jun 15, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #26 of 35
I think the reason there are so many favorable reviews on the Denon is BECAUSE they are so cheap and most people don't find themselves wanting to pay too much for a pair of IEMs when you can get even better performance for the price from some full size cans and they'd rather do that than drop that kinda money on an IEM. That being said, if you feel the convenience of IEMs is more your preference, and it sounds like you do for now, I'd still stretch my budget for the IE80. With adjustable bass, they HAVE to be able to beat out the Denons in every way.

Jun 15, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #28 of 35
the denons are on amazon US for US$79.  the IE80s and the C300's are not comparable products, the senns are on a vastly superior level of audio quality.

frankly for the money and bassy there is nothing better than the senns, they are top tier stuff that just happens to be priced very cheaply in sennheisers home market.  pricing can amonge products vary wildly in differing countries.

@cripple ahh but remeber the IE80 is a dynamic verses the W3's BA drivers. the quantity of air they move are very different

Jun 15, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #29 of 35
oh and something to note and keep in mind, the senns really want a huge long burn in period.  it takes them a couple of hundred hours to be their best which i know sounds crazy.  just give them a little time and im sure you will greatly enjoy them.

oh and do remember to come back and share with others what you make of them.

Jun 15, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #30 of 35
Oh, I know the difference, believe me. I typically prefer a dynamic driver in IEMs, or even in full sized cans for that matter, because they are the more fun and bassy out of BA and ortho headphones. That's why the W3 surprised me so much. I mean, I even sold of these beauties:

i
n favor of these

because I much preferred their dynamic driver to the XCs ortho one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back